Login

russian armor

What should I have done?

13 Apr 2016, 10:59 AM

I am wondering what I could have done to secure the game there. I had most of the map but then he got the sturmtiger and pushed me back to my base making me loose. What should I have done, what wrongs did I do in the match?
14 Apr 2016, 20:06 PM

Very beginning of the game you did well on avoiding losing engagements such as the Sturmpioneers. However, using trenches on fuel points and other such important locations will really make you hard to shift as staying behind heavy cover is good until they rush your position and nullify it with overwhelming numbers. Garrison cover always provide bonuses no matter where the shots are coming from. Your Vickers placement was odd in the North VP. Vickers (and other HMGs in general) are used most effectively in locking down an area as much as possible or valuable points (such as the building overlooking OKW fuel) to deny or protect it. If a enemy has most of the map this means he is spread out and you can focus one part of the map and push.

What really hurt was OKW locked down most of the map for couple minutes which allowed him to get out mass of vehicles. (Though Stuka was odd along with Puma.) A rule of thumb is reserve weapon upgrades and grenades until you get your first cromwell out to use as a shock unit to push off the enemy. A good idea is when you unlock the Heavy Artillery barrage is concentrate on that Flak HQ as the barrage WILL bring it down to at least below 40% HP which leaves it very vulnerable to a cromwell raid. One thing is to deny the fuel if you can as even when you controlled most of the map as they fuel, even as small as it was, helps.

A base attack when OKW attacks with Cromwell's would've really been nasty as few players expect it and fewer carry it out. I can't count how many times I attacked a base in 1s and won the game due knocking out backfield units and medical buildings or units.

Anvil combines nicely with Crocodile to keep up pressure but Hammer is better with a fleet of Cromwell's (or a war speed Crocodile haha) A IS with pyrotechnics or sniper WILL help you spot that sturmtiger mitigating damage and always relocate a AT gun if a Sturm stops to aim. (Rapid Maneuvers is very noice.)

Cromwell's usage was a bit aggressive at times and when they got destroyed really hurt.

Really you got wore down over the match as he built a stuka and sturm which kept wiping units. Taking out that Flak HQ would've really helped and VP tick drain is very important to quickly end the match to deny OKW late game power.

Hope this helps and may you earn glory on the battlefield!
15 Apr 2016, 09:41 AM

Very beginning of the game you did well on avoiding losing engagements such as the Sturmpioneers. However, using trenches on fuel points and other such important locations will really make you hard to shift as staying behind heavy cover is good until they rush your position and nullify it with overwhelming numbers. Garrison cover always provide bonuses no matter where the shots are coming from. Your Vickers placement was odd in the North VP. Vickers (and other HMGs in general) are used most effectively in locking down an area as much as possible or valuable points (such as the building overlooking OKW fuel) to deny or protect it. If a enemy has most of the map this means he is spread out and you can focus one part of the map and push.

What really hurt was OKW locked down most of the map for couple minutes which allowed him to get out mass of vehicles. (Though Stuka was odd along with Puma.) A rule of thumb is reserve weapon upgrades and grenades until you get your first cromwell out to use as a shock unit to push off the enemy. A good idea is when you unlock the Heavy Artillery barrage is concentrate on that Flak HQ as the barrage WILL bring it down to at least below 40% HP which leaves it very vulnerable to a cromwell raid. One thing is to deny the fuel if you can as even when you controlled most of the map as they fuel, even as small as it was, helps.

A base attack when OKW attacks with Cromwell's would've really been nasty as few players expect it and fewer carry it out. I can't count how many times I attacked a base in 1s and won the game due knocking out backfield units and medical buildings or units.

Anvil combines nicely with Crocodile to keep up pressure but Hammer is better with a fleet of Cromwell's (or a war speed Crocodile haha) A IS with pyrotechnics or sniper WILL help you spot that sturmtiger mitigating damage and always relocate a AT gun if a Sturm stops to aim. (Rapid Maneuvers is very noice.)

Cromwell's usage was a bit aggressive at times and when they got destroyed really hurt.

Really you got wore down over the match as he built a stuka and sturm which kept wiping units. Taking out that Flak HQ would've really helped and VP tick drain is very important to quickly end the match to deny OKW late game power.

Hope this helps and may you earn glory on the battlefield!

Wow! Thanks for all the tips!
The thing with trenches is that they cost manpower and early in the game the manpower is a real problem :/
The MG was quite useless. Lookin gback I don't know why I put it there.
Anyway, thanks! I am sure it will help! ^-^
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS