Login

russian armor

Airborne Infiltration Company Suggestion

nee
21 Apr 2016, 05:50 AM

Maybe as a vet1 unlock, spawning out of ambient buildings and raping a bunker sounds overpowered, especially if they have upgrades like Thompson SMGs. How it works is just like Panzerfaust: a guy pops out a bazooka like weapon, fires shot, and has an anti-building damage AOE occurs. It can stun tanks and do good damage against buildings. Hell it can even be a directional shot like Pershing's HVAP shell/ Firefly's Tulip.
Bazookas however is a no-go, you already have non-doc unlocks, plus units like Captain. IMO last thing USF needs is a squad that can get bazookas as upgrade when it can already just go back to base.
21 Apr 2016, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 05:50 AMnee
Maybe as a vet1 unlock, spawning out of ambient buildings and raping a bunker sounds overpowered, especially if they have upgrades like Thompson SMGs. How it works is just like Panzerfaust: a guy pops out a bazooka like weapon, fires shot, and has an anti-building damage AOE occurs. It can stun tanks and do good damage against buildings. Hell it can even be a directional shot like Pershing's HVAP shell/ Firefly's Tulip.
Bazookas however is a no-go, you already have non-doc unlocks, plus units like Captain. IMO last thing USF needs is a squad that can get bazookas as upgrade when it can already just go back to base.

Ohhhhhh, Alright, I can see your concern, i'll get to balancing right away.
22 Apr 2016, 01:12 AM

Wait, no nee you miss understood, only the Code Talkers can be deployed from buildings. The Infiltration Paratroopers can only be deployed from the air. So it's not over-powered.

I do however agree with your Bazooka statement though.
22 Apr 2016, 04:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2016, 05:50 AMnee

I'm sorry but you got me thinking of this:

nee
23 Apr 2016, 08:30 AM

Wait, no nee you miss understood, only the Code Talkers can be deployed from buildings. The Infiltration Paratroopers can only be deployed from the air. So it's not over-powered.

I do however agree with your Bazooka statement though.
I didn't misunderstood, I disagreed. In my view the best way is Paratroopers spawn by airdrop; if the spawn from ambient buildings then it's better to call them Rangers seeing as they get all sorts of cool upgrades that deal with pretty much everything Axis has to offer. Code Talkers could be Pathfinders with the camouflage and can hide from minimap, deploy beacons that hide other units from minimap (think Nod Stealth Generators from Tiberian Sun/ CnC3), plus usual landing beacons for the paratroopers, and can spawn from ambient buildings.
That's the only way to make it worth being called airborne and infiltration.
23 Apr 2016, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2016, 08:30 AMnee
I didn't misunderstood, I disagreed. In my view the best way is Paratroopers spawn by airdrop; if the spawn from ambient buildings then it's better to call them Rangers seeing as they get all sorts of cool upgrades that deal with pretty much everything Axis has to offer. Code Talkers could be Pathfinders with the camouflage and can hide from minimap, deploy beacons that hide other units from minimap (think Nod Stealth Generators from Tiberian Sun/ CnC3), plus usual landing beacons for the paratroopers, and can spawn from ambient buildings.
That's the only way to make it worth being called airborne and infiltration.

You just described the entire Company design.
nee
23 Apr 2016, 09:28 AM

When I say infiltration, I mean they spawn from ambient abilities. Not a discreet ability like throw six grenades. UKF's Infiltrate Commandos is an example I refer to.

So in other words, neither doctrinal units spawn out of buildings. If you did, the following will occur:
Code Talkers will spawn and stark cloaking the map;
Paratroopers will spawn or land in said cloaked sections and rip shit up because they have upgrades to deal with everything; an unlock that gives three abilities, JUST for paratroopers, makes this commander rely entirely on a single unit, and therefore makes that single unit vastly overpowered. Quick capture, quick decapture, deal with all unit types, and can hide. And that's after they spawn in the middle of the map.

In that regard, I would redesign it like so:

1) Code Talker Pathfinders: Pathfinders that can produce beacons to cloak nearby infantry when out of combat; does not hide from IR halftracks, and max three can be built at a time. These otherwise function like regular beacons.

2) Some other ability, like Fire Up!

3) Paratroopers: vanilla, no special stuff, they don't need it.

4) Fire M18 Recoiless Rifle (Passive): Riflemen and/or RETs can use this ability, effective against buildings, mediocre against other targets.

5) Some other ability, like an airstrike.

First ability gives infiltration, third give airborne, fourth gives M18. Second and fifth gives a universal benefit.
24 Apr 2016, 02:23 AM

I think Musket wants this doctrine to support aggressive, infiltrative infantry game play. The whole point of giving the paratroopers SMGs and satchels is so they act as offensive, close quarters unit, wrecking havoc behind enemy lines. Or something you use to spearhead your Riflemen build squads.

I would assume they're suppose to be like makeshift commandos, rather than another mainstream boring rifle squad.
nee
25 Apr 2016, 04:47 AM

The whole point of giving the paratroopers SMGs and satchels is so they act as offensive, close quarters unit

And vanilla Paratroopers offer just that. They can even opt to instead get LMGs.
26 Apr 2016, 04:20 AM

I forgot paratroopers can get Thompsons. MY bad
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight