Login

russian armor

2vs2,3vs3 and 4vs4

11 Apr 2016, 12:48 PM

Hey guys,
I just wanted to ask if some of you have some general tips for those happy spamfest modes. From time to time I enjoy them with some friends of mine but usually we get our asses kicked.

I enjoy the pacing of 1vs1 a lot more and I find 2vs2 somewhat comparable but the other two modes play so entirely different that I really struggle to find my place. Since I got so many valuable and good general advices in my Maxim Spam thread I thought some of you might want to share some wisdom.

I'm looking for everything that helps: building orders, advices about caches, strategies, synergy effects with OKW and the likes.

Really looking forward to your replies!
11 Apr 2016, 13:22 PM

In my humble oppinion,in 3v3 and 4v4 games, axis have to play secure, that means no initial risk, and playing stick toguether to hold at least Fuel, VP and ammo (in that order). you will face a lot of blobs (mg's are needed and bunkers)you will face a lot of arty (mortar pits, pack howies, priest,etc) by that time you have to stop being so close playing and you should try to punch the enemy. I.E. all focus to a mortar pit. After that you will face late game tanks, KT and panthers are must.

Try to veto 5 VP maps and close combat maps.

About caches is it fine after werh has at least 1 pak on the field. Werh should have a support role while OKW should punch the enemy and give the werh a forward medic truck.
11 Apr 2016, 16:10 PM

In my humble oppinion,in 3v3 and 4v4 games, axis have to play secure, that means no initial risk, and playing stick toguether to hold at least Fuel, VP and ammo (in that order). you will face a lot of blobs (mg's are needed and bunkers)you will face a lot of arty (mortar pits, pack howies, priest,etc) by that time you have to stop being so close playing and you should try to punch the enemy. I.E. all focus to a mortar pit. After that you will face late game tanks, KT and panthers are must.

Try to veto 5 VP maps and close combat maps.

About caches is it fine after werh has at least 1 pak on the field. Werh should have a support role while OKW should punch the enemy and give the werh a forward medic truck.

So staying together is key?
I noticed that caches seem to play a big role in the bigger team games. The enemy team usually had 3-5 of them all over the place. Holding all fuel points had next to no impact. The simply dug in around their caches.

Thanks for your tips mate! Appreciate it a lot. We really suck at the moment close to the point where a friend of mine wants to quit.
11 Apr 2016, 16:37 PM

IMO, the 2 things to focus on in 3s and 4s are your army composition, and how you can best hold territory with it. Note that I didn't mention building an army that inflicts the most bleed to your opponents. This advice may seem pretty obvious but its often over looked.

In big team games, communication and teamwork is what wins it overall. Try and see what your allies are building or trying to achieve and ask yourself how you can best help make that happen.

Big blobs are never as powerful as 2-3 smaller ones because it gives you a third of the amount of options when attacking and defending.

Watch out for bad retreat paths. They can be fatal for your army.
11 Apr 2016, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Apr 2016, 16:10 PMDiePest

So staying together is key?
I noticed that caches seem to play a big role in the bigger team games. The enemy team usually had 3-5 of them all over the place. Holding all fuel points had next to no impact. The simply dug in around their caches.

Thanks for your tips mate! Appreciate it a lot. We really suck at the moment close to the point where a friend of mine wants to quit.

Well, only the first 10 minutes. If you stay together after min 15 you will probably be dead by enemy arty. Coordination is the best you can do. Players with the role of keeping territory and others with the role of pushing for territory. Another players dedicated to arty, anothers dedicated in AT, etc.
11 Apr 2016, 17:24 PM

You posted in Ostheer so I am going to try to answer in that direction, but keep in mind things are a little different depending upon what you face and your own faction composition.

For Germans, securing a fuel and capturing a VP is key. Against non-Brit forces you should focus on securely holding an area of the map and then grow out from there. Against Brit forces aggression is key. Trying to hold a small sector of the map will never work against a well-supported mortar pit.

I almost always get an MG, and then I decide either on a mortar or grens. Grens if you can keep the fight mobile, but mortar if you are likely to fight it out in a city. Against Americans throw in a sniper early to start the bleed. Feel free to do so as well against Brits but be careful about counter sniping after the 4 minute mark.

As the game progresses get some snares. Often you have OKW so you needn't worry heavily yet about AT. One snare is enough to intimidate any light vehicle when a shrek is near-by. Against good players a pak is excellent to help protect your MG's. Feel free to use bunkers around corners to free up your own MGs and help you push. This is also the time to start to get caches down. I am partial to munitions caches as you should be losing tanks very rarely, but in the late game getting to click that Stuka dive bomb 10-30 seconds sooner can be really important. Use squads at other VPs to force him to send squads to guard them. You needn't win yet, but spreading him out is great. Try to get him to commit more MP to one sector than you, this helps you fight more effectively elsewhere.

As the late game approaches you should secure enough fuel to make sure your team has access to a super heavy TD (elephant for JT). These units will form the hinge around which you will fight. Make sure you have enough AT BEHIND the super heavy so that it cannot be flanked. Rolling one forward is often enough bait to get almost any Allied team to commit to try to kill it. At this point you are in an attrition based fight. You need to trade up, if only slowly. As you do so expand and capture a second VP. Use bunkers now to discourage lone squads from capping behind you and letting all of your troops fight. Off-maps are critically important at this point. Try to use off-maps when your opponents cannot know where they are going to land. Snipers on hold fire work well here. Do not dive with Panthers unless you can completely clear out areas. But feel free to organize with teammates to position all of your tanks in one area, flank quickly and then retreat to your lines. This kind of tank push is deadly for lighter Allied tanks which rely upon outnumbering German tanks and movement.

On MGs: MGs are central to the German infantry, feel free to get 2 or 3 at a time, and always when possible have them set up staggered behind one another to create enveloping lines of fire. Every time you push off an enemy force reposition the MG immediately. This will force them to have to send units forward to find them and make indirect fire less effective. As you get good you will be able to almost guess at when the first mortar shell will land as you move out your MG. MGs are a headache for Allied players and help OKW players fight extremely effectively against Allied units.
11 Apr 2016, 19:48 PM

long story as imagelessbean said but let me say short tips.
choose proper doctrine (better late game),try to hold your territory with mg's or volks tech up fast.....then make epic units like stuka , panzer werfer , howitzer,jt + elefant or if u see no strong anti air like bofor, u can choose ju87 ;)
12 Apr 2016, 06:43 AM

Again thanks for the tips! They're really valuable for me!
We did a short round yesterday and some of your advices were really paying out! Usually we were really aggressive in the early game, which was punished quite often. Yesterday we followed your advices of staying together and holding key points which worked out quite nicely. But I'll guess we were somewhat lucky with our opponents too.

Does anyone have a good build order for Ost and OKW? I love playing Ost but atm I find them struggling a lot, so I'm switching between Ost and OKW. We tried 2xOKW+1 Ostheer. That worked pretty good against Sov/Brit/US.
17 Apr 2016, 13:37 PM

We always play germans,our compsition:
2x OST
1x OKW

I play OST with close air support commander,and a friend of mine with airsupport commander,why?
Because you can punish blobs,make them force retreat,drop muni/fuel to bpoost your okw player to rush a Kingtiger.

Plus the anti vehicle strife is a guarantee kill for British emplacements if he doesnt recognize and they dont go into cover mode ;)
Till you get the cp just ignore emplacment and let him sit on his mapower and popcap...

As soon as you get the stukabomb,try to force a blob to retreat once you see them running get sight on their base with the commanders ability and drop a stuka bomb just before the infantry arrives= 80% GG ;)

thats how we do it,oh and let the okw safe the mun/fuel with flak builidng.

hope that helps
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS