Login

russian armor

Looking for 2vs2 tactic

10 Jul 2013, 14:00 PM

Hi guys,
I'm looking for a 2vs2 tactic playing as Read Army. (I'm playing with a known mate)

I thought about something like Cons-tactic supporting with Maxim-Tacitcs.
But is this after the changes today still powerfull?

Or does it make sense that one plays the Scout-Car tactic and the other cons-tactic in 2vs2?

What ideas about tactic do you have? Which one's can I try with my mate?
Whould be nice if you can also post the build order.

The last question is: How do you counter Panzer IV? T34/75 is quite useless. Maybe you can use the SU-85?

Please show me your tactic and how I can improve.

Greetings
11 Jul 2013, 03:57 AM

Play the style that you are used to. It does not need to co-operate that much in 2v2. You def half of the map, and your friend def another half. I think practising in 1v1 can help u better at 2v2 than practising in 2v2 itself. If u can subdue enemy in 1v1 with your unit composition, u will be able to subdue enemy in 2v2 as well (half) and your friend should be able to do the same.

For Panzar 4, it can be countered by SU-85 or AT-gun or double T34 or T34+T70. Choose what u prefer most but I suggest the easiest choice is SU85 since it is imba right now and the recent patch does not nerf it even a bit (strange).

Why imba ? >> SU85 has the same cost as P4 but it is much stronger than P4, it is tougher, more powerful, longer range of fire, same speed. The only thing that SU85 is inferior to P4 is its gun turning slower so u should be aware of P4 flanking SU85 at very close range. Other things besides that will be fine.
11 Jul 2013, 12:31 PM

You might be right, playing 1v1 can be a good idea
11 Jul 2013, 16:58 PM

People who continue to believe that the SU-85 is overpowered are delusional, there have been endless posts on how they are dealt with.

Also, playing Soviets in team games at the moment is surely a lesson in frustration unless you can completely and utterly outplay the Ostheer team.
11 Jul 2013, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2013, 16:58 PMFunkeh
People who continue to believe that the SU-85 is overpowered are delusional, there have been endless posts on how they are dealt with.

Also, playing Soviets in team games at the moment is surely a lesson in frustration unless you can completely and utterly outplay the Ostheer team.

Yes, it seems so that the Germans are much stronger in mid and late game. Only in early game the russians have a chance if they cut down the fuel for the germans, then the game is GG
11 Jul 2013, 19:08 PM

Best tactic in 2v2 or any game is super aggression. Get their resource points and harass them everywhere on the map. My build order is:

3x Cons
1x Engy
Build Rifle building
Scout Car plus flaming Engy
Then a few Guards Riflemen
Then after that it's any unit I feel I need then straight to building an SU-85 with the last building.

Oh and to counter German tanks use Guards and SU-85. Keep Guards in front buttoning the tanks and the Destroyers behind them using their superior range to own them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★