Login

russian armor

Relic: Afrika Korps announcement

1 Apr 2016, 17:52 PM

Banned
It was a joke lol. DAK fighting in snow, that wouldn't make sense
1 Apr 2016, 17:54 PM

Well, I don't think brits + USF vs OKW on moscow outskirts winter makes any more sense either :snfQuinn:
1 Apr 2016, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Apr 2016, 17:54 PMTNrg

Well, I don't think brits + USF vs OKW on moscow outskirts winter makes any more sense either :snfQuinn:

Try again, this time with Italians in Shorts in the Russian Winter of Moscow, see how that goes.
1 Apr 2016, 20:02 PM
Patrion 14

The maps are generic enough to allow glazing over being around Moscow; with UKF and USF vs. OKW and OST you can just imagine being anywhere else. SOV and other Allies makes me cringe, though.

And for the record, there were Italians on the Eastern Front as well, just drop the shorts and it's plausible enough.
1 Apr 2016, 20:12 PM

Try again, this time with Italians in Shorts in the Russian Winter of Moscow, see how that goes.

Italians had winter uniforms ...
1 Apr 2016, 20:18 PM

2 Apr 2016, 07:15 AM

Italians had winter uniforms ...

What part of shorts didn't you understand exactly? And even if they did have winter uniforms they probably were even worse than the German ones.
4 Apr 2016, 22:24 PM

Has it been confirmed as a joke? I have not found anything more about the subjet more than the announcement. Normaly when you do this kind of thing you put some info in that hints at it being a joke but as far as we can see relic has not said jack shit about it, neither denying it nor confirm it, leaving me with 2 theorier.

1. Its true.
By not saying much about it and announcing it on the first of april they manged to drum up alot of hype for it among the community.

2. its not true.
If it is a joke its of the least funny april fool jokes i have heard, not for the reason that i would feel betrayed or something like that but how poorly executed it was if you want to tell a april fools joke you need to draw pepole in with the story, like showing some unit roster or models really selling the ide then you go out and say it was a april fools joke.
For an instance if i go out and say i have just bougth a Llama and then nothing of it, then you would just shruge it of as false. But if i can cleaverly photoshop myself with a Llama in my garden then i migth be abel to fool you.

So ethier this is all a big publicity stunt or the midless drones at relic/sega have no ide how to tell a joke. I belive the latter.....
4 Apr 2016, 23:21 PM
Patrion 14

Rabble

it's an april fools joke
Neo
4 Apr 2016, 23:26 PM

Kluge, seriously, look up the word "rabble" in the dictionary.
4 Apr 2016, 23:39 PM

Holy shit, I dont think I've seen someone get banned in just 3 posts...

What part of shorts didn't you understand exactly? And even if they did have winter uniforms they probably were even worse than the German ones.

Lul!
Italy too can get quite cold you know?

19 Apr 2016, 08:28 AM
19 Apr 2016, 08:45 AM
19 Apr 2016, 09:01 AM

Oh Christ... let me say it in upper cases, IN SHORTS god dammit IN SHORTS.

Oh well, you see Brits does not have much winter clothing too -_-
nee
21 Apr 2016, 22:55 PM

I suppose it's funnier than playing as British in winter maps and it gives Soviet voice announcement when blizzard sets in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★