Login

russian armor

Stormtrooper g43+shrek

31 Mar 2016, 03:30 AM

I've recently been trying out the new iteration of Elite Troops and decided to add g43s to my stormtroopers with the shrek upgrade. Because this gives 3/4 members of the squad a weapon they seem to drop the shrek quite frequently, and unfortunately it will continue to say the squad has a shrek and make it unpurchaseable despite no models bearing the weapon.

On further analysis it seems like once the man with the shrek dies it does not get passed on to any of the remaining three members as well until you reinforce.
7 Apr 2016, 14:17 PM

Hasn't been happening to me when I use it. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to overwrite the G-43s temporarily in order to continue holding onto it, or that's how it works with grens and their lmg42.
7 Apr 2016, 15:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

A problem with all those weapon upgrades.

God help you if you pick up a weapon with PPSH cons. I tried a strat where you give your soviet teamate's ppsh cons vickers from the Brit special weapons commander, they start dropping mgs with one model lost. :facepalm:
8 Apr 2016, 01:16 AM

Same for pathfinders and Tommies. Hope Relic will fix this soon, cuz right now it is a bad idea to equip better weapons for all those squads.
8 Apr 2016, 01:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Same for pathfinders and Tommies. Hope Relic will fix this soon, cuz right now it is a bad idea to equip better weapons for all those squads.

Well, still worth it for Paths since they'll shrek with better AI weapons.
8 Apr 2016, 09:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2016, 01:20 AMVuther

Well, still worth it for Paths since they'll shrek with better AI weapons.

Not with the vet working as intented, you'll be feeding your opponents BARS & Brens. Plus this happens to all the units with fixed upgrade weapons, that will not drop: ppsh cons with Vickers K mgs from the sepcial weapons, G43 grens/storms with a picked up weapon.
8 Apr 2016, 10:56 AM

I am not sure that dropping weapon is as bad as it is being presented.

Having your weapon picked up from the enemy (accept when a result from squad wipe) is an indication of bad play. You can have a unit near to pick it up before the enemy...

Equipping your troops with weapons is a way for these troops to over-perform relatively to their Man power cost.

Having a change to drop these weapon is price that should come with access to these weapons in the first place...

In the particular case Stormtrooper would probably be better of, if they come with 2 ST and have one of the following upgrade option available to them 2 ST , 2 G43 or 1 shrek (even replacing an ST44 if needed)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight