Login

russian armor

New PC specs

2 Apr 2016, 11:31 AM

But if you had an option, what would you change/go for? Personalty I'd love to go for a 980ti but yeah, that price point is way to much.

The GTX980 is amazeballs. I really wouldn't sweat the Ti thing.

There's very little about that setup that I wouldn't be extremely happy with. It would be an excellent VR machine if you got your hands on an Oculus Rift.

The only thing I would probably change myself is the SSHD. I'm more of a fan of discrete 512GB SSD for Windows/Games, HDD for other crap. But that's pure preference.
3 Apr 2016, 05:57 AM
Benefactor 115

There's very little about that setup that I wouldn't be extremely happy with. It would be an excellent VR machine if you got your hands on an Oculus Rift.

The only thing I would probably change myself is the SSHD. I'm more of a fan of discrete 512GB SSD for Windows/Games, HDD for other crap. But that's pure preference.

Personally would you go for a sound card? (Asus Xonar DGX Gaming PCI-E Sound Card) or just skip it? The PC will be mainly used for gaming and MAYBE light video production (Depends if I can get into it)

or just stick to the Integrated Sound for $60 less.
3 Apr 2016, 06:51 AM

Personally would you go for a sound card? (Asus Xonar DGX Gaming PCI-E Sound Card) or just skip it? The PC will be mainly used for gaming and MAYBE light video production (Depends if I can get into it)

or just stick to the Integrated Sound for $60 less.

Sound can be a very personal thing. I think integrated sound has come a long way, but some people just love good clean audio (it can be nice). It's probably the least important part of a new computer, but if you feel that you're the type to want really good sound, make sure you've also got some nice headphones (or an amazing speaker setup).
3 Apr 2016, 20:38 PM
Donator 11

at least here in europe the 980 has a terrible price/performance. furthermore it has only 4 gigs ram, a little more would not have hurt

It would be an excellent VR machine if you got your hands on an Oculus Rift.
hmm, for stable 90fps at ultra the 980 might be a little too light in future games

The only thing I would probably change myself is the SSHD.

true that.

Personally would you go for a sound card?

i have beyerdynamic dt880 headphones and bought the fiio2 10k dac(digital audio converter). its slightly better than the (already very good) mainboard sound. But if you are not an audiophilist or dont have VERY good headphones/speakers, skip them.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★