Login

russian armor

Snipers kill my high health unit instantly

25 Mar 2016, 11:35 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm new to modding and I'm trying to figure out how it all works. But I'm having a problem which I am not able to solve.

I'm trying to make a strong unit that can take some hits, but I'm having a problem with the enemy sniper units. The sniper units are killing my (modified)unit while the health of them is very high. I tried manipulating everything that might be involved with the damage of the sniper but nothing works.

Can someone please explain me how I can modify the sniper unit, so it doesn't kill my unit instantly?

Thank you in advance
25 Mar 2016, 14:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Sniper weapons kill instantly via critical, so you'd probably have to remove that (from damage.on_penetrated_actions).
25 Mar 2016, 15:53 PM

Thank you for your reply.

I tried removing damage.on_penetrated_actions but unfortunately it didn't work. I also deleted the criticals of the unit health but that didn't work either. At last I tried to put the criticals of every small arms to false, but it also didn't work.

I hope you can help me further with this issue.

26 Mar 2016, 02:51 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Did you check deflection as well? The critical is both in pen and deflection profiles of the weapons.
26 Mar 2016, 09:03 AM
Modmaker Badge

hi there:

an advice for you, removing the critical from sniper is not a good idea. Why ? because if you do that, then you will have a normal rifle.

I balanced the sniper in mod in other way.

a. The most important, drasticaly decreased his accuracy at short range.
b. Aim times & Cooldown times, play with those values a bit

If you do it in the correct way you will have a balance sniper.
26 Mar 2016, 14:36 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I changed the values in deflection, but unfortunately that didn't work.

I also understand that by removing the critical from the sniper, the unit will be worthless. However when I removed the critical
of the sniper and set the damage to 1, the sniper unit still kills in one shot.

My main goal was to make sure that my modified unit will not
die instantly from a sniper, but that it loses health.

First I changed the values in the criticals from my soldier. I changed the value of max_health_percentage from every critical_group to 0,1. But that didn't work.

I also changed all the applicable_weapons to false and applied every critical to deflection and penetration.
In addition to that I added 8 new critical attributes that might have some kind of relation with sniping and changed the values as described above. But unfortunately that didn't work either.

Then I tried to change the weapon.

I deleted the on_penetraded_actions, I also tried to change the value of remove_at_health to 0,1.
I changed the required_unit_type to another unit to test if that would work but that didn't work either.
I tried putting the has_deflection_damage to True, but that didn't work too.
I also changed in trigger_critical_action in deflection the value from remove_at_health to 0,1.

Unfortunately nothing works.

Too give an example of what I want: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=509352628&searchtext=reloaded
In this mod every squad consists of 1 soldier but he only loses 1/2 of his health when he is hit by a sniper.

I hope you guys can help me further with this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 49

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight