Login

russian armor

Lack of game changing options

• This thread is locked
9 Jul 2013, 11:27 AM

I have not tried to assess whether there were airborne operations at the eastern front, but I tried to make clear that using wikipedia links isnt a viable source for your argumentation. Clearly, they did not teach you this during your two year study in Germany. Besides this, you really seem to know all about war history...

Dont debate war history with me, I am American, my nation was built by war.
9 Jul 2013, 11:29 AM

I have not tried to assess whether there were airborne operations at the eastern front, but I tried to make clear that using wikipedia links isnt a viable source for your argumentation. Clearly, they did not teach you this during your two year study in Germany. Besides this, you really seem to know all about war history...

I did not use the link as a be all end all, but had I just said "hey I know more, its this way" with NO reference behind it, I would look a bit more foolish. The fact that I know, even without some wiki link, that airborne forces were employed on both fronts does me no good if I am just saying I am an expert over a computer forum.
9 Jul 2013, 11:32 AM

One Corps sized failed drop by Soviets= heavily used.

Ok dude!

You are the one who is surpriswd airborne drops are not prevalent in CoH2 which portrays the Eastern Front, derp!

Ps:I lived 5 years in Moscow and 4 in Hamburg and have served in the military up to reserve officer rank.
Your basis for argument is hereby trumped and disqualified.

I dont care what your qualifications are, what you stated was flat out wrong. Both Russians and Germans employed airborne troops on the eastern front. I gave you a small reference; you can feel free to try and disprove it with other references, but all you will find is support of what I have already told you, because thats the historical facts. Happy hunting.
9 Jul 2013, 11:33 AM

Permanently Banned
So far your supporting arguments have included that you are a US citizen and lived 2 years in Germany.

Gj.

I will amend my statement to account for your pedantry:

"There was no SIGNIFICANT use of airborne drops on the Eastern Front."

To the conclusion it is not "surprising" that they do not feature in this game, which was your premise.
9 Jul 2013, 11:34 AM

So far your supporting arguments have included that you are a US citizen and lived 2 years in Germany.

Gj.

I have given you factual and historical references. Yes, it is wiki but I would be happy to find and post many others here.
9 Jul 2013, 11:36 AM

Permanently Banned
Ok, go ahead and do so then.
9 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM

Ok, go ahead and do so then.

http://desertwar.net/airborne-forces.html theres a good one. Though they were used less often then on the western front, they were still used on both sides. Your point is moot I am afraid.
9 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM

Regardless of the fact that I'm a degree holder in History (what have I started), I do have a respect for historical accuracy, however I'm more interested in game dynamics which gives choices. I still would like to see a dynamic where zee Germans could mount a para-drop and perhaps the Russians could bring in a squad of Soviet partisans from any map direction. Obviously this would be linked to a general ability.
9 Jul 2013, 11:47 AM

Permanently Banned

http://desertwar.net/airborne-forces.html theres a good one. Though they were used less often then on the western front, they were still used on both sides. Your point is moot I am afraid.

Im afraid not.

Which ones of those are Eastern Front drops?

Nice googling! You're a real pro!

Protip: Reading your links before you blatantly post them might help not looking like a fool!
9 Jul 2013, 11:49 AM

Im afraid not.

Which ones of those are Eastern Front drops?

Nice googling! You're a real pro!

Protip: Reading your links before you blatantly post them might help not looking like a fool!

U asked for a reference that I can copy and paste here, hence google. Or did you expect that I have my German professor dial your telephopne? I would assume any mention of soviet, aka russian, would refer to the eastern front. You are a troll, I am done. You have been proven wrong on mulitple accounts
9 Jul 2013, 11:50 AM

Permanently Banned
I would assume any mention of soviet, aka russian, would refer to the eastern front.

That link doesn't mention even one single Sov drop on the Eastern Front.

You failed again.
9 Jul 2013, 11:52 AM

That link doesn't mention even one single Sov drop on the Eastern Front.

You failed again.

It does mention they were used, as does it mention they were used by germans in the end of the war, aka eastern front. The link I provided the first time gives a specific battle they were used on the eastern front. I have given you all you have asked for and proven your ridiculous comment to be false. Convo over
9 Jul 2013, 11:53 AM

Permanently Banned
Doesn't say they where airdropped.

Failed again.
9 Jul 2013, 11:56 AM

Doesn't say they where airdropped.

Failed again.

LoL, obvious troll is obvious
9 Jul 2013, 12:29 PM

This thread should be locked. It's going nowhere, and is largely poisonous.
9 Jul 2013, 12:30 PM

Permanently Banned
Agreed. I'm discontinuing any communication with this individual.
9 Jul 2013, 12:31 PM

Dont debate war history with me, I am American, my nation was built by war.

Fucking LOLed when I saw this

Murrican
9 Jul 2013, 12:38 PM

Someone moves this to the scrap yard :o

And if you guys want to kill each others, be gentle and use PMs.
9 Jul 2013, 12:40 PM

Permanently Banned
I have not even the remotest desire to be in any form of contact with this person and would Block him immediately if the forum had such a function.
9 Jul 2013, 13:36 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Alright, thread locked, use PMs for this kind of conversation. This is the second thread you are not using common sense to discuss, I don't want to see a third one.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★