Login

russian armor

Aiming HMG and AT Guns

9 Jul 2013, 05:50 AM

I am having trouble aligning the firing arcs of HMGs and AT guns. Occasionally, clicking around and maybe holding a keyboard key down will get me the arc. But that's rare. And the (lack of a comprehensive) manual is a real pain. Even the online Prima guide doesn't explain this.

(I don't have any problems with aligning new bunkers with pioneers.)

Thanks!
9 Jul 2013, 06:00 AM

DRAG mouse right button
9 Jul 2013, 06:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge

hold down right click and you will get a cone the cone you can then move in a full 360 and let go when at desired pos. (warning wherever you start the cone is where your unit will move to.)
9 Jul 2013, 07:39 AM

Thanks for the info. I'm getting used to it now. Still a bit wonky, though, as long key presses don't always bring up the arc. Probably because I right click to move, release, then re-click/hold.

I'll probably run some AI team games, and concentrate on perfecting arc pop-ups with
HMG and AT guns.

See you on the battlefield....
9 Jul 2013, 08:38 AM
Patrion 27

Long key presses? As in your mouse buttons? I feel like the way it works with right drag is pretty easy and intuitive.
9 Jul 2013, 22:24 PM

As mentioned before there should be no issues if you just hold down right click and drag. Eventually it'll become quite intuitive where you can adjust arcs or queue a future setup position very quickly.

Remember that you can also do this with all other units to make sure they are facing the correct way from behind cover or to make sure your frontal armor on vehicles is always facing the threat.
10 Jul 2013, 00:41 AM

I think you've all been trolled, no one is this stupid.
15 Jul 2013, 01:46 AM

No trolling here. I'm a COH2 noob, and I never played COH. The game comes with no documentation, nor a link to a PDF, outlining things like unit costs and keyboard hot keys. (The Prima e-guide has tiny charts with the keys, but even so it is of limited utility.)
So, I was mightily confused on how to aim HMGs and AT guns. I now know the required click-n-hold-n-drag-n-sweep-n-unclick mechanic. But it is not intuitive for a new player.
Thanks to all who replied!
15 Jul 2013, 01:50 AM

Permanently Banned
Dunno but maybe one of the ingame tutorials includes it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Mexico 18
United Kingdom 147
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak