Login

russian armor

Cancer Emplacements Commander

23 Mar 2016, 21:21 PM

I have some easy & cheap games with emplacement and some games when I struggle to keep them alive and I end up with huge MP.

So goes what, it's a problem of coordinated attacks and finding right solution. If one team can do it, other team can also.

You just have to forget about blobbing a-move with volks and start to make combined arms + flanks and attacks from many directions.

Sure, there are problems on some maps, but you have vetos for this.

Once when there was a whine about Crossing that it's Camping in the woods and it's so axis' favour I heard only "veto it" but now when it's brits' favour you suddenly cant veto it?
23 Mar 2016, 21:48 PM

2 emplacements or 3 emplacements is 800mp-1100 MP.. thats a price. Follow by the constant harassing of those emplacements which you paid so much for means units at those emplacements repairing or trying to defend. This slows down tanks, snipers, and AT guns. I'll play some more 2v2s tonight and save a replay (if i win of course).
23 Mar 2016, 22:08 PM

Fix counter barrage and this is a non-issue.
24 Mar 2016, 11:11 AM

It is horrible. This commander destroys games. In 2vs2s the British player can rebuild the emplacements faster than you can destroy them.

OKW has the ISG, which already struggles versus the improved fortifications.

But Ostheer is done. The regular mortar simply doesn´t stand a chance versus the most common emplacement: The mortar pit. Being restricted to the mortar halftrack which is in bad/mediorce doctrines. And even then you need multiple amounts of it and still struggle.

To add insult to injury there is an ability that counter barrages the supposed counters to emplacements. Well, great... what is one supposed to do?

People warned even pre release that improving emplacements even further would hurt the game. How relic can be so blind is beyond me.
24 Mar 2016, 11:35 AM

Well it takes zero effort to build simcity and it takes tremendous coordinated effort to destroy it.

I dont like to play with it or against it, ruins teamgames for me.
24 Mar 2016, 11:37 AM

OKW trucks out of your OP mortar's range?
Precision strike!

Lel?

Don't you know Mortar pit has precision strike???

:foreveralone:
24 Mar 2016, 11:43 AM

Tip for ostheer players: LeFH RUIN emplacement spams and guarantee free vet that allows you to fire almost nonstop over the entire map after a few barrages.
24 Mar 2016, 11:45 AM

Tip for ostheer players: LeFH RUIN emplacement spams and guarantee free vet that allows you to fire almost nonstop over the entire map after a few barrages.
8cps... by that time you have lost. Also the British player can hit "brace" and laugh at your barrage. Two 105s could work... but that is 1200mp.
24 Mar 2016, 11:48 AM

8cps... by that time you have lost. Also the British player can hit "brace" and laugh at your barrage. Two 105s could work... but that is 1200mp.

How have you lost by 8CPs? Emplacements don't uproot and attack you. You can always have 1 VP against emplacement spam since they can only cover 2 effectively meaning the game will be a 2-1 VP grind which guarantees you get to late game.

The rep/FRP tent can't brace so its gonna get fucking wrecked, then the emplacements have no heal.

But the point is the LeFH can fire almost continuously on vet 2. Its literally 45 secs of shooting and 15 seconds off. So the first barrage forces a brace, then second starts almost immediately and this time brace is on sweet sweet cooldown and bang go the emplacements. Even before vet 2 it will still start pummeling the second barrage before brace is off cooldown.
24 Mar 2016, 12:07 PM

Well it takes zero effort to build simcity and it takes tremendous coordinated effort to destroy it.

I dont like to play with it or against it, ruins teamgames for me.

Pretty much this. Also you don't have to rush emplacements, what I find better Brit players doing is building up a death blob of Sappers and Tommies with Brens and Piats early-mid game to secure points and mid-late game going into full emplacement lock-down mode then just spamming tanks in support. I know it is expensive, but it just seems to work time after time. Was able to counter it with 2 KTs and 3 Panthers, but the match was such a long grindy bore fest.
24 Mar 2016, 12:20 PM

the bofor isn't the first emplacement in the game. the okw flaktruck have been in the game for roughly two years now.

the question is, what make the okw flaktruck works? people tolerant the flaktruck but the bofor is universally despised by the axis.
24 Mar 2016, 12:21 PM

it's soooo funnybecause i saw exactly this coming when i opened the Brit alpha forums (i was so happy and looking forward to that) and then my first look fell on the text:

INCH

MORTAR

EMPLACEMENT

i started crying
24 Mar 2016, 12:25 PM

So... If it takes almost no skills to build an emplacement and way more skills and micro to kill - it's bad.

But when Volks blob needs no skill, just a-move and way more skills to counter it with combined arms it's L2P?

And Schwerer is just L2P while Bofors is OP?
24 Mar 2016, 12:33 PM

SO here we are : cancershreck infantry vs. cancercity commander.
24 Mar 2016, 12:34 PM

So... If it takes almost no skills to build an emplacement and way more skills and micro to kill - it's bad.

But when Volks blob needs no skill, just a-move and way more skills to counter it with combined arms it's L2P?

And Schwerer is just L2P while Bofors is OP?

- All faction can blob infantry, its still easy to handle blob.

- Schwerer dont have Brace and cant suppress you at 100 range

- If you loose a Bofor, you dont loose the ability to build tanks, with Schwerer you do
24 Mar 2016, 12:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 12:34 PMBlalord

- If you loose a Bofor, you dont loose the ability to build tanks, with Schwerer you do

the issue is more due to the price. the schwerer cost 300 mp 135 fuel, compared to 280mp 30 fuel on the bofor.

the advanced bofor is just as difficult to take out as the schwere, if not more so, but the bofor is a lot cheaper.
24 Mar 2016, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Mar 2016, 12:34 PMBlalord

- All faction can blob infantry, its still easy to handle blob.

- Schwerer dont have Brace and cant suppress you at 100 range

That fearsome insta vet 5 Cons, Grens and Tommies blob able to handle infantry and vehicles.

Schwerer has more HP. Does not eat you pop cap/up keep and it's a building which serves also as a free unit. It also does not limit your army like bofors (AEC)

Comapring price of a tech building to unit... :loco:
24 Mar 2016, 12:43 PM

the issue is more due to the price. the schwerer cost 300 mp 135 fuel, compared to 280mp 30 fuel on the bofor.

the advanced bofor is just as difficult to take out as the schwere, if not more so, but the bofor is a lot cheaper.

A lot cheaper, and way more hard to kill with brace and suppression on range with a crew inside.
24 Mar 2016, 12:47 PM

That fearsome insta vet 5 Cons, Grens and Tommies blob able to handle infantry and vehicles.

Schwerer has more HP. Does not eat you pop cap/up keep and it's a building which serves also as a free unit.

Vet 5 volks are still killed by allies VET 3 counterpart ( for cons you need ppsh to do something great )

Schwerer cost 300 mp 135 fuel and you loose the ability to build tanks if you loose it
24 Mar 2016, 12:50 PM

Could we please get a poll in this thread?

Is the improved emplacement commander balanced in your opinion?

- It is absolutely underpowered
- It is slightly underperforming
- It is fine as it is
- It is slightly overperforming
- It is absolutely overpowered
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 48
Germany 809
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #