Login

russian armor

Hummel in - Hetzer out!

20 Mar 2016, 11:58 AM

For me, as for artillerist, that point is very important and it's number 1 point, why I don't play as OKW too much:

It's very questionable, and not all will agree with me, but we should really admit, that Flamenhetzer is useless tank. Flamer-tanks are very usefull in this game, tanks like KV-8 or Churchill-Crocodile, but somehow not Hetzer. And because of it entire Feuersturm doctrine became pretty useless too. Not so much people use it today. Every useless doctrine in game (there are a lot of them) is a problem, but that one is really serious.

Another problem, which is also hits OKW today hard is that OKW have not so much artillery. OKW today only have LeIGs, instead of mortars and Wuhrframmen bomb launcher - pretty tough rocket platform, which wipes entire enemy squads, but costs a lot and not effective enough to fight against new enemy of Axis - emplacements. And of course, few veeery powerfull off-map artillery strikes, like Zeroing artillery.

And emplacements (for most part of axis players here) became really problematic, since that new "Doctrine Fortification doctrine". It's just very hard to take them down with additional fortifications, brace ability and self-repair skills. So, I think, that OKW should get 1 more artillery in army, for to be little more ready to counter those positions. And... here comes teh Hummel!

My suggestion is very old and simple - change in Feuersturm doctrine Flamenhetzer to SP Howitzer Hummel. With that, Relic, you will do 3 good things for OKW:

1 "Heal" one of dozen broken doctrines.

2. Give to OKW real Howitzer Artillery, which they really need (and personally I really need).

3. Will make game for UKF "Emplacementers" little harder and will force them to play more intensive. It will, also, little balance that new Fortification doctrine, by givin counter in another doctrine of OKW.

So, what do you think about giving to OKW real artillery?
20 Mar 2016, 12:01 PM

Finally some good sugesttion from your side. +1 although hetzer would be fitting in that doc too. (just remove thorough salvage)
20 Mar 2016, 13:05 PM

COOL< COOL
My opinion is the same altho i think tht flame hetzer and hummel not good
Do hetzer with proper main gun & hummel

In any case they better creat new german faction with hummel hetzer pz3 & more:D
20 Mar 2016, 13:20 PM

The OKW lack variety more than any faction in the game in my opinion, more viable options are required, aside from that I personally find them boring and repetitive to play. A Hummel would be very cool, Hotchkiss? Don't even care if it is a copy/paste from COH1, more options are welcome even if they are old ones.
Relic is a right mess atm, official forums are still down, is there future planned content for the game or not? be nice to know since i'll be paying for it
20 Mar 2016, 14:55 PM

It needs to get his dps buffed to churchill levels, or at least Flame halftruck one, because i saw one rackettenwerfers in ahouse kill it, which is kind of lame. Same goes for UC with flametrower, obviously not with the racketten thing but still feels quite bad
20 Mar 2016, 15:49 PM

I really like the idea of adding the hummel but I think they should remove the recoup losses ability instead and change the flammhetzer to a regular hetzer rather than simply removing the flammhetzer.
20 Mar 2016, 16:02 PM

I really like the idea of adding the hummel but I think they should remove the recoup losses ability instead and change the flammhetzer to a regular hetzer rather than simply removing the flammhetzer.

Regular Hetzer will be 100% copy of Jagdpanzer, so what for you need it actually? Better then add there some other unit. Maybe place there Marder III as cheap version of Jagdpanzer - same power, but less HP and armor? Or, since it's feuersturm doctrine, add there Luchs 2 with flamer gun, there was such modification actually. Of course, for lesser CP.
20 Mar 2016, 17:18 PM

Regular Hetzer will be 100% copy of Jagdpanzer, so what for you need it actually? Better then add there some other unit. Maybe place there Marder III as cheap version of Jagdpanzer - same power, but less HP and armor? Or, since it's feuersturm doctrine, add there Luchs 2 with flamer gun, there was such modification actually. Of course, for lesser CP.

I think the regular Hetzer would be a better idea because the marder 3 has no machine gun so it could not engage infantry but the hetzer does so it could be used as a light assault gun as well as a tank destroyer unlike the marder 3 and jadgpanzer which are useless against infantry and the hetzer would have better armor than the marder 3 but not as good as the jadgpanzer 4
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★