Login

russian armor

Rules of thumb for first tech-up?

14 Mar 2016, 18:13 PM

Hello guys. I've been away since November and started playing around lately with meh good old friends, the OKW. I still haven't completely made up my mind about the redesign of the faction, but at first glance, they seem a lot more powerful (or the game decided to pair me against weaker opponents, due to my absence). What I would like to know is what is currently the agreed upon convention on the first tech-up choice. I remember back in Autumn, it was all about them leigs and jagdpanzers, so The healtruck was an obvious choice.

Now with the leiG nerf and the lack of any AT in the healtruck I feel like it might not be so anymore. What I usually do is I open with 2 Volks and an additional sturmpio, at which point I try to deduce if my opponent is going to buckle up and dig in or try to vehicle rush whereupon I accordingly decide whether to go for leiG or puma whilst getting a racketenwerfer in the meantime just to be safe. I also find that the new resource structure allows for crazy mine spammage, which I immensely like.

Anyway, my point is, does anyone have any suggestions on current tech pathing for the OKW, or is my reasoning of puma v indirect fire pretty much the way to go?
14 Mar 2016, 18:26 PM

If you get an early luchs (~6-7 mins) you can rarely go wrong. But vs brits, if you go luchs vs AEC it can be really bad. Of course you can support it with schrecked volks and the occasional raketen to negate his advantage. OKW is a pretty forgiving faction because of the schrecked volks.
14 Mar 2016, 19:21 PM

The med truck is useful on larger maps where it can immediately cut down on retreat distances. Having said that, on smaller maps (many 1v1 and 2v2 maps) the truck is almost always placed in base anyway. Here a mech truck is really nice because it offers such a nice mix of units and the retreat point is less important.

TNrg has some good advice. Be careful with your Luchs however. If you see a captain be very careful to not get stunned by a stuart and lose map control. Cloaked Volks and rakentens are your friend. Go Puma if you are seeing light vehicle play with less infantry, and go stuka if you can hold the line and see a lot of support weapon play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
France 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment