Login

russian armor

Maxim spam is worse than playing against Brits

8 Jul 2013, 08:43 AM

So I played a few games yesterday as Ostheer and almost 80% of the players on auto utilised some maxim spam strategy. They simply A-move it everywhere and if it gets into a house there is nothing you can do about it. Most annoying strategy ever and the matchup comes down to whether the flamer halftrack can decrew all the AT guns and maxims or will the AT gun 2-shot the halftrack... This is 10x worse than Brits as they just a-move their invincible maxims everywhere. Even clown cars are a breeze compared to this, they are so fragile and easy to go down. Maxims on the other hand is impossible to flank and almost never go down except to flamer halftrack.

While I managed to win most of the games, they were the most long boring games I've ever had in coh1 and coh2. Forget clown cars, Relic please nerf maxim spam into the ground thanks.
8 Jul 2013, 09:11 AM

I've noticed a few games that consisted of this today. Beatable but VERY annoying and drawn out.
8 Jul 2013, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2013, 08:43 AMS73v0
So I played a few games yesterday as Ostheer and almost 80% of the players on auto utilised some maxim spam strategy. They simply A-move it everywhere and if it gets into a house there is nothing you can do about it. Most annoying strategy ever and the matchup comes down to whether the flamer halftrack can decrew all the AT guns and maxims or will the AT gun 2-shot the halftrack... This is 10x worse than Brits as they just a-move their invincible maxims everywhere. Even clown cars are a breeze compared to this, they are so fragile and easy to go down. Maxims on the other hand is impossible to flank and almost never go down except to flamer halftrack.

While I managed to win most of the games, they were the most long boring games I've ever had in coh1 and coh2. Forget clown cars, Relic please nerf maxim spam into the ground thanks.

Ya, because MG42 and machine gun bunker spams is not even more difficult to handle when all the resources on the map are completely locked down by Mgs and MG bunkers. Then you guys wonder why we are forced to break out the clown car and flamer....
8 Jul 2013, 14:16 PM

Agreed, this needs adressing ASAP.
8 Jul 2013, 18:23 PM

If you think it's beatable then I would suggest you haven't played against decent players. Maxim spam is a fucking joke due to the stupid fucking 6 man support teams. When the maxim can just move into the firing arc of an MG42, not get suppressed or pinned straight away, then proceed to shoot back at the MG42 until it is dead, is BROKEN!!! That's right I said it, it's BROKEN. Relic, this had better be fixed next patch, or some people are going to be seriously pissed. And before anyone asks, yeah I'm mad.
8 Jul 2013, 20:05 PM

Its fairly easy to chase off with the Flamer HT.... I've lost easily to that Flamer when everyone said Maxims were so good...didn't really help me because I'm just better with scout car and scripts. I like to move around see whats going on...in 2on2 that's different, but 1on1 mg spam is kinda slow and boring.I have seen some good guys use it well.... and yea it looked very tough to beat but not every player can use that kind of skill to win vs Germans every game.
8 Jul 2013, 20:44 PM

Its fairly easy to chase off with the Flamer HT.... I've lost easily to that Flamer when everyone said Maxims were so good...didn't really help me because I'm just better with scout car and scripts. I like to move around see whats going on...in 2on2 that's different, but 1on1 mg spam is kinda slow and boring.I have seen some good guys use it well.... and yea it looked very tough to beat but not every player can use that kind of skill to win vs Germans every game.

yes the flame HT can kill it, but thats 160 MP, 120 Ammo, and 20/40 fuel to beat a 240 manpower unit....WTF (the HT costs may be off, cant remember the mp and fuel cost)
8 Jul 2013, 20:47 PM

yes the flame HT can kill it, but thats 160 MP, 120 Ammo, and 20/40 fuel to beat a 240 manpower unit....WTF (the HT costs may be off, cant remember the mp and fuel cost)

and, call Guards and a little clown car, those 160 MP, 120 Ammo, and 20 fuels will be toasted
8 Jul 2013, 21:37 PM

I've been having great success with mortar halftraks and incendiary rounds. Only thing is those commanders leave you missing late game at, so you'll need to rely on paks and tanks and any shreks you can afford...because those inc rounds will eat your munitions. But they effectively neutralize maxim spam. Also the smoke is great when you want to head on rush them with panzergrenadiers.
8 Jul 2013, 23:52 PM

Maxim spam is by far the most boring thing to play against in the game atm. Not helped by the fact that it hardly bleeds even when you do nearly decrew or decrew something. I'd suggest that 240mp and 15 reinforce cost is not a sane costing for that unit.

There are probably other things that are more OP but nothing else that is more crushingly unfun.

@Porygon, a maxim spammer won't have a clown car.
8 Jul 2013, 23:52 PM

and, call Guards and a little clown car, those 160 MP, 120 Ammo, and 20 fuels will be toasted

Clown car T1 Maxim T2
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 7
unknown 6
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %