Login

russian armor

sniper heavy build

ahl
9 Mar 2016, 07:58 AM

Hi.
Does anyone have any suggestions on a sniper heavy build for 1vs1?
(Sniper heavy= 2-3 snipers)
As ostheer its easy to just make an mg42 and use it to protect your snipers but as soviet, the maxim is in another tier...

(Made this on my phone, hope its readable...)
9 Mar 2016, 15:15 PM

When I go sniper as soviets, I almost always build a scout car and penal squad for rushing mgs in buildings. Hate going T0 just for one unit.

Then I rush T3 as I am going to be lacking in AT.

If you are going 3 snipers, you may want to go soviet reserve army or partisan tactics so you can back up your snipers with partisan tank hunters.
9 Mar 2016, 22:17 PM

Here's a build that I've used to limited success (Max Soviet 160ish, to 220):

T1
Con
Con
Con
Sniper
T2
Maxim
Maxim
Guards
Guards/T3
T70
Against Stug E: Su-76m
T4
Pump out T34s, baby one su-85, Katy vs static play

10 Mar 2016, 03:50 AM

T1
Con
Con
Con
Sniper
T2
Maxim
Maxim
Guards
Guards/T3
T70
T4

BO for 1v1?
ahl
10 Mar 2016, 05:17 AM

When I go sniper as soviets, I almost always build a scout car and penal squad for rushing mgs in buildings. Hate going T0 just for one unit.

Then I rush T3 as I am going to be lacking in AT.

If you are going 3 snipers, you may want to go soviet reserve army or partisan tactics so you can back up your snipers with partisan tank hunters.

I tried a game yesterday with 2 snipers, keeping them together to minimize micro needed. Went quite well untill he started blobbing late game. I suppose i should have backtech t2-maxim, or get the AA-halftruck. Partisan tank hunters did quite well filling up the missing zis-gun by keeping light-medium armor at bay.

T1
Con
Con
Con
Sniper
T2
Maxim
Maxim
Guards
Guards/T3
T70
T4

Thank you, i would like to se at least one more sniper in the build to call it "sniper heavy" though.
10 Mar 2016, 05:24 AM

It could work on some maps with Dshk m4c commander.

T1, con, sniper con con.

From here you have the hard task of timing your second sniper versus first Dshk versus healing versus at nades. You need them all but you have to get them in correspondence with what your opponent gets and when.

Plant mines everywhere. Always babysit sniper with a con for at nades.

You still might just lose to heavy 222 play and snipers kinda suck Vs OKW so don't do that.

Get a t70 and/or su76. Don't tech t4 it's shit just make m4c and ZiS if you need late game AT.

Never make 3 snipers it's worse than two.
ahl
10 Mar 2016, 05:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 05:24 AMCieZ
It could work on some maps with Dshk m4c commander.

T1, con, sniper con con.

From here you have the hard task of timing your second sniper versus first Dshk versus healing versus at nades. You need them all but you have to get them in correspondence with what your opponent gets and when.

Plant mines everywhere. Always babysit sniper with a con for at nades.

You still might just lose to heavy 222 play and snipers kinda suck Vs OKW so don't do that.

Get a t70 and/or su76. Don't tech t4 it's shit just make m4c and ZiS if you need late game AT.

Never make 3 snipers it's worse than two.

I know thos is far from a bulletproof strategy, going for more than one sniper might not be a good idea but im more intrested in trying out new ways to play :)
I guess the point of going sniper heavy is to mp-bleed the enemy so he is crippled and also cant make good use of his fuel.
10 Mar 2016, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 05:45 AMahl

I know thos is far from a bulletproof strategy, going for more than one sniper might not be a good idea but im more intrested in trying out new ways to play :)
I guess the point of going sniper heavy is to mp-bleed the enemy so he is crippled and also cant make good use of his fuel.

Understandable but when you look at 2 vs 3 snipers on a deeper level:

Against Ost two snipers always forces an instant retreat, so does three but with 3 your odds of targeting the same model start to get really high unless you have God level micro and can either have snipers shooting different squads or your snipers in different engagements. Basically you're gonna get roughly the same mp bleed from two as you will from 3.

In team games you could make more.
ahl
10 Mar 2016, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2016, 12:45 PMCieZ

Understandable but when you look at 2 vs 3 snipers on a deeper level:

Against Ost two snipers always forces an instant retreat, so does three but with 3 your odds of targeting the same model start to get really high unless you have God level micro and can either have snipers shooting different squads or your snipers in different engagements. Basically you're gonna get roughly the same mp bleed from two as you will from 3.

In team games you could make more.

Good point. Thanks!
ahl
11 Mar 2016, 07:11 AM

Sucessfully played three matches with the following build:
Lend lease.
Con
Con
Sniper
Con
Sniper
Dshk
Clowncar
Dshk
Dshk/assault guards
Sherman
Sherman
Sherman
Win.

The dshk's are the lifeline of the build because they keep light armor at bay. Capping with cons and the snipers bleed enemy manpower. All three games I managed to force the opponent to overextend while chasing my snipers and right into mines or at-nade cons, further bleeding enemy. Realy fun build.
Worked both vs wer and okw.
13 Mar 2016, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2016, 07:11 AMahl
Sucessfully played three matches with the following build:
Lend lease.
Con
Con
Sniper
Con
Sniper
Dshk
Clowncar
Dshk
Dshk/assault guards
Sherman
Sherman
Sherman
Win.

The dshk's are the lifeline of the build because they keep light armor at bay. Capping with cons and the snipers bleed enemy manpower. All three games I managed to force the opponent to overextend while chasing my snipers and right into mines or at-nade cons, further bleeding enemy. Realy fun build.
Worked both vs wer and okw.

This will never work vs. someone decent with mech assault or okw going mech truck + pzfus.
14 Mar 2016, 03:49 AM

Speaking of snipers does anyone know whether it is possible to target individual models with the sniper like in vCoH or is this a mechanic that they permanently removed?
20 Mar 2016, 22:51 PM

can some1 tell me the cloak time for all sniper after they fire a shot?

i think SOV was 2s ,4s and 6s?

while OST and Brits Immidiate 6s right?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 25
Germany 16
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias