Login

russian armor

Royal Artillery - worst artillery!

6 Mar 2016, 07:26 AM

There are a lot of useless doctrines in CoH 2 now in all factions. Nobody using them and will never use, so their existence is veeery questionable.

One of those doctrines, which make me cry every time, when I trying to take it is "Royal Artillery Doctrine". Seriously, it is bad. Just like all UK's artillery in game. And since here came Land Matteress everyone, who needs artysupport using that one, and Royal Artillery group became totally forgoten...

And the main problems of that doctrine are:

1. Condition of QF 25's in CoH 2.

2. Condition of SP Howitzer Sexton.

And their both's condition is veeery close to abysmall. That are 2 worst artillery guns in game. Very innacurate, almost without explosion area (which means, that damage coming only from direct hit to target... with that accuracy), low fireing range (for Sexton)... For me, as for artillery-player it is strike right in heart, because I remember how powerfull and scary was Royal Artillery in vCoH. It is shame what they made with that in CoH 2.

And point here is - those 2 howitzers are bad, but they are cheap (Sexton) or free (QF 25) at all. So, it could be excuse of their lack of power that "what did you expect from free and cheap artillery? To be powerfull as usuall howitzers?". And Im 100% agree with that. But...

But, what for I need CHEAP/FREE but USELESS units in game? That's just like some faction could have infantry squad for 10 MP, but that without weapons and abilites to capture points and weapons. Yes, they are cheap, even super-cheap, but it doesn't mean, that they should be that useless. And right now Sextons and QF 25's are those "infantry without weapon" - cheap/free but 100% useless. I call QF 25's "Decorative artillery", because it looks nice and makes my base beautiful, but that's all what it good for.

So here I have an idea - what for we need 2 useless artillery guns in one faction? Why not to turn them into 1, but usefull?

I suggest to throw out that poor bastard Sexton and move QF 25's from base to field emplacements and seriosuly buff their power. I think, QF 25's should be in emplacements, like they were in vCoH, and Royal Artillery should have more abilities for that 25. For example, I can't understand, why Counter battery fire placed into "Forticifiaction doctrine", when it should be in Artillery?

I also suggest (for balance reasons) make those QF 25's emplacements only doctrinal and only in Royal Artillery doctrine. And I suggest to add into Royal Artillery doctrine "Overwatch ability for emplacements" and "Counterbattery fire for emplacements". And maybe (istead of poor little Valentine) "Supercharges for mortars and QF 25's". Or only for 25's, because mortars are good enough right now.

UKF's artillery right now is very close to death. I think, we should save it ASAP!

FOR KING AND COUNTRY, LADS!

6 Mar 2016, 07:38 AM

the sexton isn't that cheap, it cost more than the panzerwerfer and the katyusha.

anyway.

The tommies artillery need their throw range increased. It's hardly an artillery if my men need to get within 20 meter to throw. Increase throw range to 30, so my tommies can actually get the barrage down without going on a suicide mission.

Increase sexton range to 160, a bit lower than the priest's 180. Buff the aoe profile of both sexton and base 25 pdr to match the priest 105, but retain the 160 damage.

increase the accuracy bonus from sighting. The two artillery have trouble hitting anything even if I'm actively spotting for them.
6 Mar 2016, 11:13 AM

And let the Valentine show up at a lower CP.
6 Mar 2016, 11:34 AM

SOmetimes, when I feel that the game is already won I go for this doctrine with hope of extra arty power. Then I realize how shit it is, and how I can waste 500+ ammo in exchange for nothing :foreveralone:
6 Mar 2016, 12:27 PM

Sexton is a definite problem. just change AOE value. the area value of sexton is 1/2 of priest's now.(1.5*1.5 vs 2*2)
6 Mar 2016, 19:32 PM

While Arty is definitely the worst right now, moving the Brit's only "mobile" artillery to a doctrine is a huge nerf to the faction as a whole. Making the 25 pounders buildable will just lead to so much more British cancer strats then their already are. Super charged mortars would just be icing on the cake.

Buff throw-range for the flare to rifle-nade range, make Arty Regiment's arty call-in fire more shells, Valentine should be better vs infantry and have a lower pop cost, Suxton needs to basically be a shorter-range Priest, no idea with overwatch, its such a joke.
6 Mar 2016, 20:15 PM

Sexton is a definite problem. just change AOE value. the area value of sexton is 1/2 of priest's now.(1.5*1.5 vs 2*2)

It's basically equivalent to a Katyusha rocket.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★