Login

russian armor

new meta? AT boy's spam

5 Mar 2016, 12:33 PM

his buildorder was:
infantry section- vickers- royal- sniper- royal- 4x AT boys- royal- AT boy- croc- AT boy

i couldnt really tech up to panzerwerfer due him overrunning me constantly and pressuring the whole map. i tried to bleed his manpower with 2x snipers and mortar (all 3 units got to vet 3 ) but he seemed like not caring much about it. he was rank #35 with brits so probably he knew what he was doing but from my perspective it only looked like a giant blob a moving towards me constantly.

thanks for any help and advices, like always!:thumb:

5 Mar 2016, 14:22 PM

Well, this was an excellent example of mind-gaming. Basically you prepared a lot for (early) enemy armor (teller mine, 2 scout cars) and a PAK, while all he did was build infantry pretty much all game. This just gave him the map advantage as your scout cars were constantly in need of repairs and your force composition was ill prepared to handle this much infantry.

Nevertheless, you managed to hold in there quite well due to your HMGS and his constant lack of anti HMG tactics (he just ran into them over and over). It wasn't until the moment where you failed to dodge his arty strikes and lost your LMG grens and HMG until you really fell apart.

The tiger was a good choice; unlike what you said in the replay file, 4 boys AT squads did not rape the tiger, they just tickled it to death slowly and very cost-inefficiently over multiple engagements with little repair time in between.

What would have beaten this is just playing old-school Ostheer: LMG grens supported with an HMG42 and with a halftrack behind it.
5 Mar 2016, 14:28 PM

Well, this was an excellent example of mind-gaming. Basically you prepared a lot for (early) enemy armor (teller mine, 2 scout cars) and a PAK, while all he did was build infantry pretty much all game. This just gave him the map advantage as your scout cars were constantly in need of repairs and your force composition was ill prepared to handle this much infantry.

Nevertheless, you managed to hold in there quite well due to your HMGS and his constant lack of anti HMG tactics (he just ran into them over and over). It wasn't until the moment where you failed to dodge his arty strikes and lost your LMG grens and HMG until you really fell apart.

The tiger was a good choice; unlike what you said in the replay file, 4 boys AT squads did not rape the tiger, they just tickled it to death slowly and very cost-inefficiently over multiple engagements with little repair time in between.

What would have beaten this is just playing old-school Ostheer: LMG grens supported with an HMG42 and with a halftrack behind it.

wow well analyze there!
yes i was afraid because i didnt saw ANY tech from him so i preprared for some heavier armor.. but tbh i was suprised how he could pump out squad after squad because i estimated that i bleed him very hard, but infact i bleeded alot harder. i was caught offguard anyway due the early power he had and how easily overran me there and put me on defensive literally all game long.

and yes at some point it really fell all apart, got exhausted due his constant pressure ( it felt like hes assaulting 24/7 and draining my vp all game). put myself too much under pressure i guess

how can i scout this next time earlier? little basedive to look out for tech?

but ye that mind gaming true³

edit: oh and how to effecitvly counter that croc? i was surpised he could dive in against 2 paks and tiger so easily and wipe some stuff and get out again. but i think target weak point bugged 1-2 times, never got it off.
5 Mar 2016, 17:40 PM

You sorta could have told he was not getting any tanks soon by how many troops he had on the field. To be fair, this can be very hard to tell in practice, especially against high level players who sometimes make you feel as if they get extra manpower foodstamps or something. That basedive with one of the scout cars would have been a great idea.

Crocs are hard to counter. If you are going to rely mostly on AT guns to counter them, you should try to place some teller mines down so your AT guns have more time to shoot the bloody thing (and hope they don't bug..:( ). Without mines, he can pretty much roll into flamer range and kill your PAKs. TWP alone does not always do the trick thanks to the crocs massive HP pool (if that does not bug out as well <444>_<444>).
5 Mar 2016, 22:13 PM

a lot of UKF play like this as it counters the sniper/222/mobile defence turtle well, Aerohank gives good advice on how to counter so there's really not much to add(at the end of the day he just produced inf when rightly so you expected meta AEC and crom spam).

You did better than Jove did, who also made the same mistake. https://www.coh2.org/replay/50220/bbbbb
8 Mar 2016, 19:58 PM

i just played against kinda AT boy spam again, i need to admit they are very very strong. this time it was with a mix of cromwell rush into comet+croc. if you want i can provide a replay again i lost 0:13 so it was a close call but damn they pen reliable panthers frontally and have some good Ai too. ill need to figure out another strat i guess..

it just feels so much more skillless then the combined arms you need to pulls off when you just see him blob 1-2 units and win with that
8 Mar 2016, 20:46 PM

"but damn they pen reliable panthers frontally and have some good Ai too"

Please tell me you lost a Panther to boys AT..... Back of a fag packet calculation you'd have to let it fire unchallenged for several minutes!

Tee hee!
8 Mar 2016, 21:22 PM

"but damn they pen reliable panthers frontally and have some good Ai too"

Please tell me you lost a Panther to boys AT..... Back of a fag packet calculation you'd have to let it fire unchallenged for several minutes!

Tee hee!

get out newb pls.
8 Mar 2016, 21:50 PM

Fuck me I thought I was a bad player...
9 Mar 2016, 06:04 AM

I have noticed AT boys rifles and PTRS AT rifles to be quite powerful even when they are hitting frontal armour of medium tanks like ostwinds, P4s and panthers. If you still have the replay it would be interesting to see.

*edit - I see a replay which looks like it might be your more recent game.
16 Mar 2016, 22:23 PM

Fantastic Strategy.
+1
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 50
Sweden 20
Poland 9
United States 13
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias