Login

russian armor

UKF - Need feedback

AVA
4 Mar 2016, 08:24 AM

Ok so I recently played against a blobbing OKW player. No offense towards him, but the game itself wasn't great or fun at all.

And with this I mean, he only goes to places with 5 volks, no less the entire game. For my feelings I tried everything, yet nothing worked, so I got extremely frustrated. I tried mortar pits (even though leigs countered it.. as counter battery didn't do anything), bofors, firefly, comets, centaur, cromwell and other emplacements so yeah..

I had the feeling I was "outplaying" him, but the situation just felt hopeless. The reason for this is that he made really awkward dicisions and didn't react fast enough. For example, I used those c4 bombs the entire time on his blobs, and he wasn't able to react to it multiple times even though it has a 3-4sec timer, or he does react and retreat his whole 5squad blob. but you'll see it in the replay as the gameplay was really stale and the same in the last 30mins.

But I still lost.. even though it was close (20vp).

All in all, I hope someone would want to take a look at my game and give me some tips on what I could've done better.

Keep in mind, this is my worst faction out all of them, but i'd like some advice as i'd like to get better with UKF as I enjoy playing with it as much as with USF (my main faction).

Replay: https://www.coh2.org/replay/50173/ukf-vs-okw-blobber
4 Mar 2016, 17:22 PM

This will be a rolling commentary.

Your early game was a bit of a mess and you compounded the early errors by going for a static doctrine when your opponent had all but told you you in chat he was going for mobility and blobs. Late retreats cost you a lot of early pressure.

Consider mining before you start capping when you know the logical courses the enemy will send his light armor.

Eventually he started getting lazy/sloppy and it cost him a couple squads and his luchs so it essentially evened things up. It was at this time that you I guess woke up a little and got into the grove again.

At one point you gammon'd an isg while he had 3-4 squads in the middle of retreating. Had you targeted their retreat destination the timing would have been perfect for at least 3 squads to wipe.

To get the most out of counter battery, if you aren't building something you should have the ability active. I am sure you know this, but you didn't practice it.

It is incredibly easy to get stuck in pissing contests for mid. Recognizing that this has occurred and correcting for it first can be VERY damaging to your opponents momentum.

To your credit you did realize this eventually but again failed to mine. You clearly understand tactical retreats but never used them to their fullest i.e. mining behind you and retreating past them.

DAT MERRY GO ROUND TANK FIGHT! RNGesus finally looks upon you with favor. Sadly, this will be the only time.

OK that time you recognized he was retreating en mass and gammon'd at the right time all though a little off target. LOL why is it so hard to wipe his squads!

1 RE squad heading into the undefended territory (undefended because you know he only travels with his entire force) of the north and dropping mines would have forced him to bleed further while forcing him to split his forces if he wants to hold his fuel.

The hard-on you had for gammons, when they consistently showed they only bled mp without wiping should have encouraged you to force a situation where he would be forced to retreat and then using precision barrage on the retreat point.

Additionally by 45-50 minutes he had learned how to anticipate your gammons and acted accordingly.

A forward assembly would have done wonders for your power projection.

You started gammoning single squads with nothing else distracting your opponent. This becomes easily avoidable.

Remember that without a suppression unit nearby, OKW will always punish a forward AT emplacement in rapid succession. Don't build it until you can defend it from at least the first assault. I have learned this the hard way.

If you watch the replay, at 1:07:00 he caps mid with 5 squads, dancing them around the whole time. Just good for a giggle.

The last 10 minutes was a a fatigue fueled slug fest.

In my opinion, you lost this fight when you picked your doctrine. On that map specifically, OKW will almost always set up shop behind that building. Knowing this, go with a doctrine that can give you the most pressure to put on that spot. It is clear you chose Adv emplacement to rush the bofors center, but that was going to be redundant for the first 5 minutes anyway as you already had control of the church with an MG and he had already tipped his hand by then showing you what doctrine he had gone by using breakthrough tactics. This should have told you that the building would never hold an enemy MG unless you dropped it so you could have parked one in the building and built the bofors to cover the southern VP and Muni. Build a forward assembly behind the tree line and suddenly your power projection in the south becomes far stronger.

Vanguard would likely have been a more appropriate counter. As would a second HMG.

Thats my 2 cents. I hope it helps.
AVA
5 Mar 2016, 01:35 AM

This will be a rolling commentary.

Thats my 2 cents. I hope it helps.

Yes thank you, I indeed picked the wrong commander and quickly realized that.. normally I just never go for Bofors and usually always pick AEC but I really wanted to try bofors out.

and yes, the vanguard air ability & a crocodile could've helped me a ton... I really missed those.

But can you explain me why "Counter Battery" Didn't work on my mortar pit? when he had leigs I constantly activated it with no result, nothing happend while the leig kept attacking it.. so eventually I turned it off as it didn't do anything. Did the leig outrange or what did I do wrong?

And thanks a lot for taking time to review my game :)
5 Mar 2016, 05:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Mar 2016, 01:35 AMAVA

Yes thank you, I indeed picked the wrong commander and quickly realized that.. normally I just never go for Bofors and usually always pick AEC but I really wanted to try bofors out.

and yes, the vanguard air ability & a crocodile could've helped me a ton... I really missed those.

But can you explain me why "Counter Battery" Didn't work on my mortar pit? when he had leigs I constantly activated it with no result, nothing happend while the leig kept attacking it.. so eventually I turned it off as it didn't do anything. Did the leig outrange or what did I do wrong?

And thanks a lot for taking time to review my game :)

I was referring to the base guns. I couldn't say about the mortar pit. I saw you use the ability but didn't see the results at the time. For the number of times you took the house on his side, a arty spot on your IS might have been good if only as a distraction.
5 Mar 2016, 06:02 AM

Make a mortar.
5 Mar 2016, 07:14 AM

Make a mortar.

He build several
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 18
South Africa 1
United Kingdom 129
Germany 20
unknown 4