Login

russian armor

conscript assault package and volk combat package

3 Mar 2016, 22:11 PM

I'm just playing around with some ideas and I want to know what you all think. I apologize and acknowledge in advance if others have already suggested these ideas.

What if the conscript assault package was 4 ppsh smgs (or keep it at 3) and some kind of grenade for 60-90 muni. Would this be too much utility for a baseline infantry unit or would this bring them up to par without changing their stats? Or would you just like to see them get a health and offensive buff?
Also, does making the conscript assault package a side tier for t3/4 sound fair?

Would it be viable to take shreks away from volk and give them panzerfausts instead. The panzerfaust is almost synonymous with the image of the volk as they were widely issued to Germany's last real infantry force. Their combat package could instead be the panzerfaust, as well as 2 (or 3) STG 44s, or maybe VG 1-5s, the more economical, semiautomatic, mid-range counterpart. DPS boost to discourage angry conscrips from charging their face. The package would be available to all volk squads in friendly territory after the first hq is set up. Possibly also give them some kind of "Stand your ground, grenadiers!" ability that gives them slight dps+accuracy buff in cover. This of course, would have to be accompanied by a slight HP decrease. Think of it like it's because a fair portion of volk were airmen/sailors or recovering from battlefield wounds, but still highly motivated nevertheless.

One final point: conscrips kinda suck without the assault package, which leads some of the community to use maxims as their main infantry instead. Personally, I feel like hmgs could cost munitions as well as manpower. It wouldnt have to be an excessive amount; 15 munitions seems fair but it could vary by faction, but in the end it plays the part of discouraging spamming. This nerf, however, could be accompanied by somewhat spongier team members willing to fight for their lives (and their beloved hmg). Buff cons and penals a bit to make soviet base infantry a bit more desirable.

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!:)
3 Mar 2016, 22:30 PM

OKW is not supposed to have Volksgrenadiers with strong AI as it will render Obersoldaten - and partially call ins - completely useless. The Sturmpioneer is currently doing the job of assaulting and repelling units.
3 Mar 2016, 23:59 PM

OKW is not supposed to have Volksgrenadiers with strong AI as it will render Obersoldaten - and partially call ins - completely useless. The Sturmpioneer is currently doing the job of assaulting and repelling units.

Volksgrenadiers with medium AT as they do now is cancer for fun, engaging gameplay though.
4 Mar 2016, 00:54 AM

why every grenadier squad has an MG42, but soviets cant have non-doc PPSH is beyond any reason.
4 Mar 2016, 23:23 PM

bleh.. there were more than 5 million ppsh-41s produced by the end of the war, and it served as one of the most defining features of the Red Army.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★