Login

russian armor

Freezing problem

3 Mar 2016, 11:12 AM

Hello, my game has started freezing since a couple of days ago. When a match finishes loading, some flickering black lines appear all over the screen then the game freezes (taking my PC with it too). I posted on the steam community forum for help but they seem to be too busy complaining about gameplay to actually help anyone solve any technical problem, sadly.
Here's the warning logs: http://pastebin.com/eWC1GRxt
Please help me out guys.
3 Mar 2016, 11:19 AM

Recently i get many micro freezes (0.1- 2 seconds) per game. Its not in Relation to stuff happening ingame (like alot of explosions ).
3 Mar 2016, 11:20 AM

Sorry I don't have any clue about that technical stuff in the warnings log, but have you done any overclocking to your CPU or GPU or changed some settings from BIOS that could make your PC fail under stress?
3 Mar 2016, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Mar 2016, 11:20 AMTNrg
Sorry I don't have any clue about that technical stuff in the warnings log, but have you done any overclocking to your CPU or GPU or changed some settings from BIOS that could make your PC fail under stress?

I don't think so, like I said, it just happened on a pretty day. Pretty weird.
3 Mar 2016, 11:54 AM

Recently i get many micro freezes (0.1- 2 seconds) per game. Its not in Relation to stuff happening ingame (like alot of explosions ).

Well, it isn't micro freeze, it freezes my PC, forcing me to do a restart. Sometimes, I don't have to restart but the game closes itself then bugsplat appears.
1 of 3 Relic postsRelic 3 Mar 2016, 17:30 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Have tired updating your Video card drivers? This sounds like a hardware issue. My Mother board was doing this right before it died.
3 Mar 2016, 23:17 PM

Have tired updating your Video card drivers? This sounds like a hardware issue. My Mother board was doing this right before it died.

I even tried to reinstall my windows fresh, the problem is still there though. I think you're right, maybe this is a hardware issue. Time to check it at the technician, I guess.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 3 Mar 2016, 23:20 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I even tried to reinstall my windows fresh, the problem is still there though. I think you're right, maybe this is a hardware issue. Time to check it at the technician, I guess.

Try turning down some of the settings. You can save a bunch of memory if Sound Quality is set to Low or Medium.
3 Mar 2016, 23:21 PM
Donator 11

Its either your gpu dying, or motherboard, or, most probably, your power supply being not efficient enough.
4 Mar 2016, 01:36 AM

My game started crashing in ways similar to what you are describing, and over the course of a few weeks it became more frequent. Then the graphics card completely died. Replaced it and everything is back to normal. So the graphics card would be my first suspect.

If it was the power supply not providing enough juice, typically this results in the system instantly rebooting itself.

I haven't had a motherboard die, so I don't know if that would also give similar symptoms.
5 Mar 2016, 02:37 AM

Try turning down some of the settings. You can save a bunch of memory if Sound Quality is set to Low or Medium.

Oh, really? Can you offer a ballpark figure by any chance? I never would have guessed that sound would use much memory compared to graphics (not that getting extra RAM is a big deal in this day and age).

Is it a case of all sound files having to be loaded into the RAM at the beginning of each match, and the high quality audio files just use a particularly high bitrate?
5 Mar 2016, 02:46 AM

Yeah, if something persists after a Windows reinstall, you generally have to assume hardware.

If you have a friend nearby, consider borrowing their video card briefly to see if that fixes your issue. If so, you know that you won't be wasting money by buying a new video card.

Also, make sure your system isn't clogged up with dust. Cooling problems could cause issues as well.
6 Mar 2016, 03:40 AM

Thanks for the replies, guys. It was my graphics card acting up like you all said. I'm going to buy a new one but it will take some time (it's not easy to get a good one for gaming in my area).
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 7 Mar 2016, 18:22 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Oh, really? Can you offer a ballpark figure by any chance? I never would have guessed that sound would use much memory compared to graphics (not that getting extra RAM is a big deal in this day and age).

Is it a case of all sound files having to be loaded into the RAM at the beginning of each match, and the high quality audio files just use a particularly high bitrate?

I don't know the exact numbers, but I know its enough memory to make a difference on a lower end PC.
8 Mar 2016, 05:24 AM

I don't know the exact numbers, but I know its enough memory to make a difference on a lower end PC.

No sweat. I realised afterwards that it would be easy to test myself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★