Login

russian armor

Pack howie vs Lieg auto attack range

1 Mar 2016, 22:19 PM

Why does the pack howie have such a small auto attack range compared to the Lieg? This can't be right
1 Mar 2016, 22:22 PM

It's working as intended. The pack howie hits like a ton of bricks, it's the most lethal non-doctrinal indirect fire unit in the game. It must have short range on its auto-fire to counter-balance its amazing damage.
1 Mar 2016, 22:25 PM

1 Mar 2016, 22:55 PM

It's working as intended. The pack howie hits like a ton of bricks, it's the most lethal non-doctrinal indirect fire unit in the game. It must have short range on its auto-fire to counter-balance its amazing damage.

This guy gets it.

It's fine

1 Mar 2016, 23:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The longer barrel on it hampers its rounds' ability to stabilize as it goes through the air and thus reduces its range. :hansREKT:
1 Mar 2016, 23:07 PM

Because it wrecks face as a barrage platform, especially at vet 2
1 Mar 2016, 23:07 PM

A better question is why the ISG has such high accuracy at max range.
1 Mar 2016, 23:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 23:07 PMtenid

Because its shells hit a lot less hard than those of the pack howitzer.
2 Mar 2016, 01:48 AM

The one thing that bothers me about the pak howie is when I leave it to auto face. It will decide that shooting to the far right of the map is far more important then shooting at a big blob. Then if the blob moves the damn thing goes apeshit.

If I tell it to not autoface it also doesn't auto fire. So even if I aim it in the right direction of an incoming blob it won't fire unless I manually tell it too.

Other then that good unit, just costs an arm and a leg.
2 Mar 2016, 03:06 AM

The one thing that bothers me about the pak howie is when I leave it to auto face. It will decide that shooting to the far right of the map is far more important then shooting at a big blob. Then if the blob moves the damn thing goes apeshit.

If I tell it to not autoface it also doesn't auto fire. So even if I aim it in the right direction of an incoming blob it won't fire unless I manually tell it too.

Other then that good unit, just costs an arm and a leg.

Wait, are you telling me howitzers can attack a specific unit, and re-adjust when that target moves???
2 Mar 2016, 03:12 AM

Wait, are you telling me howitzers can attack a specific unit, and re-adjust when that target moves???

I don't know what you mean. I'm saying is if you right click the unit with the pak howie and that unit leaves it's range, it will chase them to the ends of the earth. So you have to tell it to hold position where it then picks a random target, then you got to stop it from facing and aim it again. Just a chore really, it more has to do with its behavior.

I really should stop letting it autoface.
2 Mar 2016, 03:35 AM

I don't know what you mean. I'm saying is if you right click the unit with the pak howie and that unit leaves it's range, it will chase them to the ends of the earth. So you have to tell it to hold position where it then picks a random target, then you got to stop it from facing and aim it again. Just a chore really, it more has to do with its behavior.

I really should stop letting it autoface.

I see an incoming blob.
Rick click on one squad. LeFH faces the blob's direction and fires one shell.
Does LeFH auto face again before firing another shell in the squad's direction, OR does it keep shelling the same area that the squad was in, until it depletes salvo/is told to stop?
2 Mar 2016, 03:50 AM

I see an incoming blob.
Rick click on one squad. LeFH faces the blob's direction and fires one shell.
Does LeFH auto face again before firing another shell in the squad's direction, OR does it keep shelling the same area that the squad was in, until it depletes salvo/is told to stop?

Well ISG's and Pak Howies are the units that have this problem. A Lefh Ostheer artillery will face a direction and fire where in the area you told it to. I don't think you can target singular squads and model with the Lefh. After it fires its salvos it will resume to face the direction it fired it's salvos
2 Mar 2016, 04:12 AM

Well ISG's and Pak Howies are the units that have this problem. A Lefh Ostheer artillery will face a direction and fire where in the area you told it to. I don't think you can target singular squads and model with the Lefh. After it fires its salvos it will resume to face the direction it fired it's salvos

My mistake! I was assuming you meant the immobile artillery you build in game, not the mobile assault gun or the 57mm howitzer.
2 Mar 2016, 04:15 AM
Patrion 27

The Pack Howi could be a little more survivable. ISG at vet 2 and up can be on the front lines.
2 Mar 2016, 04:35 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The Pack Howi could be a little more survivable. ISG at vet 2 and up can be on the front lines.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait what the fuck am I reading

What Doth Life?! saying the Pack Howi needs buffs

Is this an actual thing
2 Mar 2016, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 23:07 PMtenid

The last time I tested the ISG was not long after UKF was released. At that time, the scatter circle of the ISG did not get larger with range. I don't know if it was a bug or "working as intended" but it turned the ISG into a long range sniper, which would sometimes countersnipe UKF snipers. In either case, it should have been "working as intended" given the BS that was the Crocodile and Centaur at the time.

The pack howie is still really good, and would be too good if it auto-attacked at full range. I agree with Doth that it shouldn't be so fragile, but think that applies to the 57mm as well (which is also good when vetted up).
2 Mar 2016, 07:16 AM

Pack Howi is incredible good compared to LeIG. It is like old 120 mm mortar. Just too good. I uploaded a replay here when I get double Pack and both managed to kill ~90 models. He didn't even blob or played ostruppen. Just longer game. But how long you can stay if those piece of shit counter your any advance?
2 Mar 2016, 08:04 AM

Ostheer mortars generaly counter pack howies quite well.
2 Mar 2016, 08:08 AM

Pack howitzer auto attack range is shorter but it's aoe is far more dangerous compared to leig. You can't retreat or run away quickly enough but going closer to enemies for auto attack is rewarding.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 55
Korea, Republic Of 17
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak