Login

russian armor

Healing & Medics.

29 Feb 2016, 19:15 PM

1. Medics who run to heal

2. AOE Healing. "Put your own bandages"

So compared here AOE healing is like 3x better, it makes faster and always starts healing instantly. Compared to medics running to single models to start healing, chasing units who move out and waste time to come back to heal units.

So my point is why can't this healing mechanic be the same for every faction? It's not that game breaking, but is still advantage to *cough* Brits&USF who are the only factions who use this ability. With same factions having the ability to heal on the field with AOE healing.

Brits infantry aoe healing is ok or change it that the unit using the skill change to medics for awhile? But ambulance should be made that the medics come out and heal units. Which makes the use of ambulance on field little more risky and little more slow. (Medics need to board again).
29 Feb 2016, 19:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 19:15 PMThamor
Brits infantry aoe healing is ok or change it that the unit using the skill change to medics for awhile? But ambulance should be made that the medics come out and heal units. Which makes the use of ambulance on field little more risky and little more slow. (Medics need to board again).

Believing USF Ambulance healing could use nerfs is fine. Suggesting that the painfully-slowly-accelerating made-of-plastic Ambulance be more cumbersome to move isn't.
29 Feb 2016, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 19:42 PMVuther

Believing USF Ambulance healing could use nerfs is fine. Suggesting that the painfully-slowly-accelerating made-of-plastic Ambulance be more cumbersome to move isn't.

+1 on AOE Medics for all factions
-1 for more cumbersome Ambo
1 Mar 2016, 00:13 AM

Another potential point in favor of AoE healing is the fact you don't have to worry about temporarily losing the ability to heal your units when your base/medic building comes under bombardment. Well, I suppose it's still quite possible for USF to lose their ambulance in such an attack, but at the least you can hopefully reposition before the incoming strike finds its mark.
1 Mar 2016, 00:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Another potential point in favor of AoE healing is the fact you don't have to worry about temporarily losing the ability to heal your units when your base/medic building comes under bombardment.

No, I'm pretty sure the AoE healing consistently has the drawback of immediately not working for units that are considered in combat (and will just as immediately work again once a unit goes out of it). I haven't read the Ambulance in a long time though, but the Infantry Section healing definitely works this way.
1 Mar 2016, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Mar 2016, 00:16 AMVuther

No, I'm pretty sure the AoE healing consistently has the drawback of immediately not working for units that are considered in combat (and will just as immediately work again once a unit goes out of it). I haven't read the Ambulance in a long time though, but the Infantry Section healing definitely works this way.

A good point, one which I hadn't considered, but I was thinking more of a situation in which your medics are killed from artillery or the like. From what I recall, it takes a fair amount of time for them to appear back on the field.
1 Mar 2016, 00:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

A good point, one which I hadn't considered, but I was thinking more of a situation in which your medics are killed from artillery or the like. From what I recall, it takes a fair amount of time for them to appear back on the field.

That is also a good point I didn't consider as well. I have absolutely no clue about the parameters of those guys coming back...
1 Mar 2016, 04:42 AM

also USF medic have pistols, why not other faction's medic have pitols too.

lol just little off topic
1 Mar 2016, 04:44 AM

"Medics OP!"
1 Mar 2016, 05:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because the other medics aren't 'Murican, so they don't provide their own.

1 Mar 2016, 05:27 AM

"Medics OP!"

You say that jokingly, but ...
1 Mar 2016, 05:34 AM

I must have missed moment when brits healing lost worst place. IS no longer require tons of micro and attention to heal everything which is not IS?
1 Mar 2016, 06:03 AM

Only issue I see with general AoE healing is the OKW Med Truck. The thing already perpetuates blobbing like crazy, faster healing for a blob would be the cherry on top. The other field healing systems are either micro-heavy or do a good job of promoting soft-retreats (except late-game ambo.)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★