Login

russian armor

UKF C&C Request

29 Feb 2016, 09:03 AM

Looking for some help playing UKF. I'm not exactly new to CoH but I am clearly either incompetent or overlooking something. Posting 3 replays that will hopefully shed some light on things. I personally never feel comfortable on the offensive with UKF. I can't seem to get the infantry to do.... anything. Equally struggling in team games but I figured fix the problem here first and it'll make it much easier to move forward. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.

2 Mar 2016, 18:04 PM

I am not really much of a Brits player but I have taken a look at one of your games (game c because it was the shortest) and I think that your biggest troubles are coming from micro and very general macro.

General Tips
- Don't sit out of cover unless you need to ie.capping a crucial vp
- Tommies can build sandbags so have them do this while they are capping (build them on the edge towards the enemy so you can cap in green cover but your enemy cannot.
- Don't repair under fire
- Give your damaged units med kits and use them periodically

Ok, now onto what actually happened.

Early Game
1. You go RHS on Angoville from top. Try going LHS and after you cap your fuel just hit your opponent's cut-off with a couple of squads.
2. You build an MG and stuff him in a building. He never ends up moving again and doesn't end up being very useful.
3. Your opponent builds a mortar and starts hitting your MG. Start moving your MG as soon as your opponent lands that first mortar shell.

Mid Game
1. You never end up teching for an AEC or Bofors and this is something you should be considering as soon as you have the fuel for it (which you did for quite a while)
2. Consider building a sniper (and microing him!). Snipers are a key unit for any faction that uses them and they serve multiple purposes becauses they can drop arty smoke, snare vehicles, bleed the enemy, and countersnipe (this is more difficult).
3. You have enough fuel to tech to Cromwells but never do.

There is no late game. I don't know that you needed to drop when you did even though the game was looking quite... squiffy. Try holding on until the last VP tick in every game. This will give you more practice and sometimes you can comeback.

Conclusion: Watch some high level players replays, streams or VODs on YouTube. Keep a close eye on what they build, when they build them, capping orders, specific micro and where they place their units. I would also suggest looking for a mentor so that you can play against someone of higher skill and get their advice on a more regular basis.
3 Mar 2016, 19:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I honestly have gotten to the point where I don't really like HMGs because I either forget about them or find that I've placed them really poorly - typically in easily-flanked positions. Is there a formal mentor program like there was in CoH1?
3 Mar 2016, 20:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

CoH2.org has a Mentoring section, perhaps you might find some luck over there?

Mentoring program was only done once for CoH2 if my memory serves me well and that was some time ago. But best of luck finding someone to help you get better!
3 Mar 2016, 23:30 PM

I don't know about doing the whole mentorship thing but if you want to go over some games or practice against someone in 1v1s just add me on Steam.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★