Login

russian armor

Biggest Simcity counter

28 Feb 2016, 20:51 PM

Smoke + Goliath?
28 Feb 2016, 20:56 PM

what??
28 Feb 2016, 20:59 PM

I would say, after this weekend, the biggest counter for sim city is to play allies OR press alt+f4 ingame.
28 Feb 2016, 21:01 PM
Senior Caster Badge

OKW don't have smoke.
28 Feb 2016, 21:04 PM

OKW don't have smoke.
Hopefully they will get one, as that is what the fans want
28 Feb 2016, 21:11 PM

how to counter? flank with blob and have another blob come in from front and back gg Kappa
28 Feb 2016, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 20:59 PMHiflex
I would say, after this weekend, the biggest counter for sim city is to play allies OR press alt+f4 ingame.

Or you could, you know, not be a downer and actually learn how to deal with emplacements.
28 Feb 2016, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 20:59 PMHiflex

You Sir, are correct.
28 Feb 2016, 21:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 21:23 PMKhan

You Sir, are correct.

DEVM murdered Jove when he tried to use emplacements (with the emplacement commander) just a few hours ago in the ESL quater finals. DEVM didn't even need to chose a commander up until the lategame where he called in a tiger instead of a second panther.
28 Feb 2016, 21:28 PM

DEVM murdered Jove when he tried to use emplacements (with the emplacement commander) just a few hours ago in the ESL quater finals. DEVM didn't even need to chose a commander up until the lategame where he called in a tiger instead of a second panther.

L2Adapt = good thing!
28 Feb 2016, 21:31 PM

Smoke + Goliath?

Depends on the map size. Large maps like Steppes make it easy to shell sim city from outside counter battery range, so even LeIG's will work. Small 2v2 maps are more difficult, so mortar HT, JT, Ele. Walking stuka doesn't do enough damage to be effective, nor does panzerwerfer. AT guns risk getting decrewed if mortar pit fires on it.
28 Feb 2016, 21:32 PM

Or you could, you know, not be a downer and actually learn how to deal with emplacements.

Or you could, you know, not be a douche and tell us how to counter sim city and not try to use the "wow a top tier player rekt some other top tier player who was trying to sim city"-card. Because nor me or you play on this LvL. As long as you dont bring anything up, thats not like "yeah spam mortars or flank"(because this DONT work if sim city is settled, and it will settle) my point is way more realistic then yours will ever be.
28 Feb 2016, 23:06 PM

Encirclement doctrine.

29 Feb 2016, 00:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2016, 21:32 PMHiflex

Or you could, you know, not be a douche and tell us how to counter sim city and not try to use the "wow a top tier player rekt some other top tier player who was trying to sim city"-card. Because nor me or you play on this LvL. As long as you dont bring anything up, thats not like "yeah spam mortars or flank"(because this DONT work if sim city is settled, and it will settle) my point is way more realistic then yours will ever be.

It's not like I gave a one liner to a well written post. You literally said "ALT F4". But whatever, fine, I'll write a serious response.

You ignore the emplacements, get some light vehicle (bofors = no AEC = only slow moving 6 pounders and mines to counter armor; piats suck vs light armor) and focus on the rest of the map. With the opponent having supply and resources tied up into static emplacements, he will not be able to perform proper counter attacks to push you off your side of the map. You can now get a fuel cashe and tech up to high-tier tanks (panthers). Resist the urge to rush mediums, you are already not having trouble holding your side of the map and you are not going to break the emplacements with a P4. Panthers also stand up to any armor the UKF player can throw at you. Later on, you can add rocket arty to seal the deal if he is good at protecting his emplacements with AT guns. This pretty much sums up the game plan vs emplacement play (you can see it in action in the DEVM vs Jove game, it's a text-book example; it's from todays NA ESL tourney if you care to look it up).

There is a reason emplacement play is not popular in 1v1, and that is because the above playbook counters emplacement play extremely well.

Another few tips if you continue to struggle:
- UKF player will likely rush a cromwell to try to get some mapcontrol back. This is his strongest counter attack possibility that he NEEDS to make work before you have your panther. So use your map-presence advantage to lay down some mines and don't get caught without AT tools while you tech to your panther.
- Resist the urge to get something like a single mortar to try and counter a bofors. It's not worth it and the MP is best spend on getting a 222 or a fuel cashe.

Now, in team games, the same more or less applies. You ignore the emplacements and gang up on the other players. Then, a bit later, you roll-up the emplacements. Communication is key, don't let your allies bash their heads into bofors early on, it will not work (bashing your head into emplacements early on is literally the only thing emplacement play counters, so avoid doing it).
29 Feb 2016, 04:55 AM

It might be counter-able, but it's not fun to counter. I don't play this game to spam out 3 mortars and camp and exchange barrages for 20 minutes hoping to win. This game was never about static emplacements and campy play. Also, DevM faced Jove on Crossing. It's a big map. When the Bofors was plopped down, DevM ignored that side for a while. On some maps, you don't have that luxury. I know you're just trying to be positive, but honestly man, SimCity makes for boring and cancerous gameplay.
29 Feb 2016, 05:37 AM
Benefactor 115

outside of 1v1, closing the pocket can actually be pretty effective, proving you can get it to activate, and since most Brit players by the time of the game has the forward assemble, he'll retreat there and not have enough time to react (since arty will be coming on it before the squads get there)

So pretty much it's great for cleaning up the sim city and infantry.

But since it's closing the pocket, it's very map dependent
29 Feb 2016, 05:44 AM

outside of 1v1, closing the pocket can actually be pretty effective, proving you can get it to activate, and since most Brit players by the time of the game has the forward assemble, he'll retreat there and not have enough time to react (since arty will be coming on it before the squads get there)

So pretty much it's great for cleaning up the sim city and infantry.

But since it's closing the pocket, it's very map dependent

This is an interesting idea. Will try it with cheat mod today.
29 Feb 2016, 06:42 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 05:44 AMKhan

It works fairly effectively however you need line of sight on the target for closing the pocket to work. However when activated all the points that are closed give a decent amount of LOS, but it is still something that should be considered. I know it will kill a normal emplacement out right, but I'm not sure against braced or the new fortification commander. Pretty much the higher the game mode you go, the better the commander due to more LOS abilities.
29 Feb 2016, 07:00 AM

It works fairly effectively however you need line of sight on the target for closing the pocket to work. However when activated all the points that are closed give a decent amount of LOS, but it is still something that should be considered. I know it will kill a normal emplacement out right, but I'm not sure against braced or the new fortification commander. Pretty much the higher the game mode you go, the better the commander due to more LOS abilities.

Since when did they make Close the Pocket need vision? :(
29 Feb 2016, 07:29 AM
Benefactor 115

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2016, 07:00 AMKhan

Since when did they make Close the Pocket need vision? :(

I'm not sure when but I think it was a ninja nerf a while back, I didn't notice this until about a week ago when I was using cheat mod, if there is no sight, the unit will not be fired upon while the others in sight will be.

Well to be fair, when you do close the pocket, the points give a decent amount of sight and most people camp around these points. If you need sight perhaps a recon plane or a 222 with vet can help you out.

Guess it was the "closing the pocket is OP" that gave this nerf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★