Login

russian armor

Searching someone to farm Gren +damage bulletin

6 Jul 2013, 11:35 AM

I am searching someone to farm the grenadier +damage bulletin.

Don't get me wrong, i don't think bulletins are big of the deal in general, but i stumbled upon a issue with them that can break early conscript vs Gren balance.
The issue is the health upgrade by 3% which actually will increase the health effectivly by more.

the thing is, in early game a conscript squad with has 80 health per unit, so they can take 4 hits of the gren rifles (20 damage a shot).
now while the health upgrade only increases the health by 2.4 that leads to Grens needing 5 shots so 25% more.
Same goes in the other direction:
cons usually need exactly 5 shots to kill 1 gren (80 hp with 16 damage per shot) with the health upgrade it will be 6 so an increase by 20%.

both these can be canceled by the +damage bulletin of either side. But while the conscript damage bulletin is easy to reach by just playing, you probably won't be able to kill 5 heavies with grens just by playing as usual.

So basically if i don't use gren +damage i am at a disadvantage (needing 25% more shots to kill cons)
And because i just want to cancel out these issues i need someone to help me get the gren upgrade.

(all this ofc if bulletins are not bugged like i read somewhere)

edit: ofc i will also help you get the upgrade too.
6 Jul 2013, 12:06 PM

I'm very interested in the results of this lab. If what you say is true I hope it's looked at by Relic.
6 Jul 2013, 12:49 PM

Thanks to Strummingbird for helping me get the bulletin.

Well, i only wanted to farm the upgrade because what i wrote is the theory.

there is to much factoring into hitting and deflecting to make a good lab out of it.

Maths shows that the 3% health upgrade gives 2.4 health to the unit.

And as that is 82 health for cons/grens it will always take a hit more to kill them compared to 80HP. the dmg upgrade counters the effect.
(except if .8 get's rounded down... then it won't actually)
6 Jul 2013, 14:24 PM

I have this applied, don't think it means any difference
6 Jul 2013, 16:16 PM

Just in case anyone doesn't have it already: Play Ostheer vs. Ostheer on a large map like Pripyat Winter. Annihilation, high resources. Build fuel caches and/or Opels.
Suicide Panzergrenadiers with Panzerschrecks until you both have 3-4 Panzerschrecks on Grenadier squads. Then call in Elefants or Tigers (Elefant deals no dmg to infantry, Tiger has Opels for more fuel) and have them attack the ground. Kill them with your Grenadiers from the back.
While waiting for heavy tank callin cooldowns/fuel, spam pioneers and have massive pio vs. pio battles!

btw, does anyone know if friendly fire kills count for stuff like this?

Overall, I still think Bulletins are a design mistake that shouldn't have made it into the game. But at least being able to farm them in custom games slightly evens the playing field (although some Bulletins are simply much better than most others).
6 Jul 2013, 16:56 PM

If anyone else wanna do it add me on steam : Silser89
6 Jul 2013, 21:07 PM

btw, does anyone know if friendly fire kills count for stuff like this?

No, friendly fire doesn't count. And you can unlock this bulletin easily in comp stomp. German expert 4:4, annihilation, gren+schreck. You don't even have to look for 5 heavy tanks. Just kill one and save just before it dies then load repeatedly. Most other bulletins can be unlocked in this way.
6 Jul 2013, 22:58 PM
Senior Caster Badge

No, friendly fire doesn't count. And you can unlock this bulletin easily in comp stomp. German expert 4:4, annihilation, gren+schreck. You don't even have to look for 5 heavy tanks. Just kill one and save just before it dies then load repeatedly. Most other bulletins can be unlocked in this way.

This is hilarious. I dunno if any other company has half-assed its unlocks as much as Relic has.
Seb
6 Jul 2013, 23:05 PM
Admin Black Badge

10/10 will do before they fix.
Seb
6 Jul 2013, 23:54 PM
Admin Black Badge

Confirmed it works. Took me "only" 1h. Don't worry about getting schrecks, there should be a few laying on the ground on 4v4 german by the time heavy tanks get there.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★