Login

russian armor

Observations on Advanced Emplacements Commander.

26 Feb 2016, 18:04 PM

The first ability is ok, the 2nd one, Improved Fortifications adds negligible armor and HP to emplacements as I have noticed they still get wiped by Arty barrages even when braced, IMO it's pretty useless for 75 munitions.

My suggestion is either buff it or replace it with Royal Engineer tank traps, just an idea, since the most defensive faction in the game is lacking tank traps to all other Armies who have it either by doctrine or by default (that being the USF).

Advanced Assembly repair sappers repair emplacements during combat, I believe this is a bug, I also wouldn't mind some medics popping up but that's just me I suppose, might become a bit OP, but all in all you're basically paying for a 450 repair station that can also repair emplacements as well as vehicles, which should be universal but that's another question.

Counter Battery is useless in anything bigger than 2v2 maps, for example I played a game on Sittard and the guns never fired at the enemy, not even once.

Precision Barrage is, to me, the weakest barrage out of all of them, for 200 munitions you're basically getting a few 25 pounder rounds to the target area, but at least I've noticed they shock tanks quite well. I would have preferred sector artillery or an Overwatch ability but yeah... that's just me again I suppose.

All in all the commander is fun to play with until end game where you can basically just make Garages with the Forward Assemblies upgraded with the repair sappers and just drive the tanks back for instant repair instead of making Sappers, which basically really makes the Sappers useless here, I got Infantry Sections to cover building and emplacement repairs, as well as building emplacements, repair sappers for mine and my teammates' tanks and emplacements/buildings and... well, that's basically it, to me 2 out of it's 5 abilities are fun, the rest... not so much since they're mostly useless, not to mention it's a pain destroying an upgraded emplacement when the fighting is far from it and you need the population cap and space.

Das ist all, have a nice day.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS