Login

russian armor

M26 Pershing Performance wise?

26 Feb 2016, 01:41 AM

Overall, how is the M26 Pershing holding up? is it fine where it is or is there still room for improvement? leave your comments down below.
26 Feb 2016, 01:44 AM
Patrion 26

It's made out of slightly thicker paper, but doesn't seem to last long for what is supposed to be a heavy tank.

Easy8s seem to be a vastly better choice.
26 Feb 2016, 01:49 AM

People need to stop using it like a tiger, utilize it's range...
26 Feb 2016, 01:52 AM
Patrion 26

If they want a tank that can't survive long in direct engagements, but does well at range, they could just go for Jacksons.
It's supposed to be a heavy tank but is matched by a panther. But then it's USF so they're supposed to have paper tanks by design.

I've seen people make much better use of easy8s than I have of a single Pershing.
26 Feb 2016, 01:55 AM

it does not perform like a heavy,but still cost as much as one and is limited. but this is lelic things this kind of discussion ain't going anywhere. :foreveralone:
26 Feb 2016, 02:00 AM

The thing is a Panther with better shell damage for some AI usage, but not nearly enough armor or health to make it cost like a Tiger. Leave it as is and lower its cost or raise its health SLIGHTLY.
26 Feb 2016, 02:12 AM

Pershing is fun, good AT, amazing AI wipes, although kinda paper, just don't get frisky and you destroy everything.
26 Feb 2016, 02:34 AM

People need to stop using it like a tiger, utilize it's range...

the tiger have the same range as the pershing.
26 Feb 2016, 02:58 AM

It's a weaker Tiger. Needs to have it's cost lowered.
26 Feb 2016, 04:28 AM

Like the SU85 it does well enough against Ost heavies. Not great for the cost but can hold up ok. Against OKW heavies it is a completely different story.

It's damage at range is completely useless against a JT or KT unlike the SU85 it can at least flank but at its cost is a huge risk with the numerous AT options OKW has.
26 Feb 2016, 04:45 AM

i found Pershing ok, it is a very good flanking and mobile tank, just need be careful where it run, it only got a strong front, the side of it is piece of paper. the skill shot is quite powerful too. ppl say if want long range fight then jackson is better. I say still get a Pershing as jackson is awful at frontal shoot out.
26 Feb 2016, 04:55 AM

Personally, I like the idea of the Pershing as a more skillfull, glass-cannon kind of heavy. I'd rather give it support abilities like a crew repair attached to the tank itself and 50 range so it can outrange the Tiger/KT.
26 Feb 2016, 05:22 AM

Personally, I like the idea of the Pershing as a more skillfull, glass-cannon kind of heavy. I'd rather give it support abilities like a crew repair attached to the tank itself and 50 range so it can outrange the Tiger/KT.

At the moment it is a glass cannon because it will loose in a long range shoot out with the much cheaper panther.

If we are going to give it the current cost it needs something to make it more appealing or different from the others. Yes its AI is good but so has almost every AT heavy Kiger/JT/KT/ISU152 if they do not overshoot and they perform better in an AT capacity for similar cost.

I think a nice twist would be it has a vet/munition cost ability allowing it to lock a target through smoke and still fire maybe with an accuracy penalty still in place but at least the chance without the need to target ground. This wont be effective against everyone but offers a difference in situations.
26 Feb 2016, 05:50 AM
Benefactor 115

Personally I think the Pershing is fine in all aspects apart from HP and cost (for it's HP)

Good gun, good mobility (suiting USF play style)

My complaint is the HP that being the same as a panther/Easy 8, but when a panther reaches vet 2 it has a higher amount of HP

I have three options for the Pershing
First option: I think the pershing just be reduced by a CP not the best option but still is an option
Second option: price decrease from 230 fuel down to 200-215 fuel, maybe a slight manpower increase but that's all
Third option: increase HP to 960 being the same as a vet 2 panther, more health then the Easy 8, taking that extra shot can be really nice.

On a side note I feel that the Pershing vets really fast, and with the mobility buffs to it I feel it is the best heavy tank in game (being able to get out of dodge)

Just going against vetted panthers can be an issue due to their pen, amour and higher HP.

Plus the ability to shot every 4 seconds at vet 3 is just :sibHeart::sibHeart:

But performance wise, Pershing isn't under performing massive, isn't over performing massive, I feel like it needs a feel twerks when you consider some of the things it goes against.

26 Feb 2016, 06:42 AM

Its expensive because it has an outstanding main gun while also being very fast for its size. Other heavies are all alot slower but with more HP. If the enemy has only mediums he will suffer pretty hard because they'll have a hard time piercing its armor and the AOE of its main gun is excellent.
26 Feb 2016, 07:15 AM

the pershing is my favourite heavy. its fast, has very good range and an amazing main gun against anything other than an ele or jagd from the front up.
26 Feb 2016, 10:31 AM

Its expensive because it has an outstanding main gun while also being very fast for its size. Other heavies are all alot slower but with more HP. If the enemy has only mediums he will suffer pretty hard because they'll have a hard time piercing its armor and the AOE of its main gun is excellent.

The Pershing is the only heavy tank in the game that can't shock crews with it's main gun lol; an obvious feature that was overlooked. Also, why is it "outstanding"? Because at vet3 it's good? You can say that about any heavy tank that hits vet3. The first 2 vets for a Pershing does jack shit. Vet 1 increases it's acceleration speed which translates to nothing in a tank fight. Vet 2 increases turret rotation speed and grenade throws which again, translate into nothing for tank fights. About every single heavy tank in this game gets vet bonuses that increases accuracy, range, HP, armor, or reload speed. The Pershing gets acceleration and grenades whoopiedoo.

If people wanted fast tanks that could flank, they would get the M10's. The Pershing's role as a heavy is supposed to head on other heavies, but does that mediocrely.
26 Feb 2016, 10:45 AM

Overpriced.

No vehicle crews and callin limit doesn't make sense either.
26 Feb 2016, 11:08 AM

It's a comet priced like a Tiger with no self repair in a faction designed around it
26 Feb 2016, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Feb 2016, 10:31 AMvarunax

The Pershing is the only heavy tank in the game that can't shock crews with it's main gun lol; an obvious feature that was overlooked. Also, why is it "outstanding"? Because at vet3 it's good? You can say that about any heavy tank that hits vet3. The first 2 vets for a Pershing does jack shit. Vet 1 increases it's acceleration speed which translates to nothing in a tank fight. Vet 2 increases turret rotation speed and grenade throws which again, translate into nothing for tank fights. About every single heavy tank in this game gets vet bonuses that increases accuracy, range, HP, armor, or reload speed. The Pershing gets acceleration and grenades whoopiedoo.

If people wanted fast tanks that could flank, they would get the M10's. The Pershing's role as a heavy is supposed to head on other heavies, but does that mediocrely.

I didn't see this in its job description. That's for elephant and jagdtiger.

The m26 has
Speed
Powerful gun vs infantry and vehicles.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 61
Germany 21
unknown 19

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W