Login

russian armor

Grenade Throw Range While Suppressed

Should supressed infantry only be able to throw/lob grenades at half the normal range?
Option Distribution Votes
25%
20%
45%
10%
Total votes: 20
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
23 Feb 2016, 20:22 PM

This has been brought up before, but I have never seen a poll on it so here we go. Infantry are able to crawl while under MG fire and throw grenades at MGs with normal range. This leads to many complaints about Volk blobs with flame nades, Gren Riflenades, and USF baseball players. I believe a range change while suppressed for grenades could buff several MGs against blob assaults without having to change any of their stats.
(Note: Mortar option is to give USF something to counter MGs in houses early, because long thrown grenades are one of their few answers to it. Maxim spam would also have to be somewhat addressed.)
23 Feb 2016, 20:47 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I would say only lower it to 66% range, not 50%. I think USF can keep up with the Pack Howi; it's better than a mortar imo.
23 Feb 2016, 22:45 PM

I voted yes, although I also think it would be better to test it out with a 60-80% distance before going straight to 50%. Early game building meta is all the rage these days so nerfing nades too hard would lead to big problems for OKW and USF in the early game.

A USF mortar, maybe a light mortar with less range/power but faster setup/teardown time is an interesting idea. Realistically though it's not a requirement and I think it's too late in the game's life to be asking for such a thing.
24 Feb 2016, 01:22 AM

"Early game building meta is all the rage these days so nerfing nades too hard would lead to big problems for OKW and USF in the early game.
"

Would be awful for them to have the same problems as the Brits! 150MP to even get grenades and an otherwise excellent HMG that doesn't quite pin in time to prevent free incoming ones.
24 Feb 2016, 01:30 AM

This would put conscripts in a bad spot when trying to fight MG-42s.
Many times they just manage to throw the molotov before being pinned.
24 Feb 2016, 01:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

This would put conscripts in a bad spot when trying to fight MG-42s.
Many times they just manage to throw the molotov before being pinned.

How's that an example? Scripts should be using Oorah to be out of the HMG's arc entirely.
24 Feb 2016, 01:53 AM

AT nades included please. Orrah+At nade is becoming a joke now.
24 Feb 2016, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Feb 2016, 01:44 AMVuther

How's that an example? Scripts should be using Oorah to be out of the HMG's arc entirely.

True, but there are lots of times when it's hard to flank the MG or you have to face it head on.
Even if you split your cons up the MG will most likely suppress them both if they're in the arc.
Even if you Oorah! you can still be suppressed completely cancelling the effect. I always use more than one squad to fight an MG though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 44
Russian Federation 79
unknown 46
United States 21
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L