Login

russian armor

Countering brits emplacement cancer in 1v1s

23 Feb 2016, 15:01 PM

Topic.

How do you deal with the current emplacement camping playstyle as Ostheer? It takes so much time with even 2 PaKs to kill a braced bofors, and you could probably mortar barrage it for the entire round without it going down if it's repaired at the same time.

I've tried werfers, PaKs, even LeFH. Nothing works reliably. Seems like the brace cooldown is very low. PaKs have the problem that he can just blobrush with his bren infantry - it takes so much micro and positioning to kill a 1 click static ability. And when you throw in all your supporting infantry and MGs to support the PaKs, he can just call in the skill planes that attack both tanks and infantry. Brits have too much strong 1 click abilities IMO.

And feb 25th patch will make it even worse...¨

Thoughts?
23 Feb 2016, 15:09 PM

23 Feb 2016, 15:15 PM

I have succumbed to ostruppen vs Brits. I try to grab the fuel and hold onto in in order to rush a P4... and then another P4... and then another one. The bofors doesn't seem to have any real weakness except that it doesn't move and ignoring it until you have a critical mass of tanks and then bum rushing it is likely your safest bet.

Would definitely like to hear others view on this as well.
23 Feb 2016, 15:19 PM

but but... the forum says brits are so well-designed!

so i guess we can close this thread :D
23 Feb 2016, 15:22 PM

MHT is probably the only reliable counter with flame barrage
23 Feb 2016, 15:30 PM

Banned

Anothers shitpost.
I'm going to count them and whenever I reach 100, I give a naked party.
23 Feb 2016, 15:38 PM

Mortar pit counter is more than obvious. Inf rush.
Bofors also isn't hard assuming you are ready to take some loses. If you aren't, you need to keep him constantly under mortar barrage from max distance. His repairing engineers will get wiped first, then it dies. Another option is flamethrower halftrack used trough shot-blockers via attack ground order (problem is that they can do the same)
17 pounder is, I assume, not worth mentioning.
Problem comes when he uses them both at once, then you gotta make two mortars (and bloody hell, dont place them on the same spot)with a halftrack for reinforcements, so they cant decrew them. Force bofors to brace first and stomp mortar pit with infantry (flamethrower equipped engineers are always great) and Pak gun, and smoke barrage the bofors even before he de-braces to get more time. I know that this is somehow complicated, but you can make it and they won't have any comeback chance if you wipe their emplacements. Good (for you) thing is that brace and stand-fast ability have a cooldown, while mortar attack ground order and auto-fire don't
23 Feb 2016, 15:55 PM

They are well designed mostly IMO too, but their stuff is just too strong currently. Too much simcity with the emplacements, but otherwise it's a really nice faction.
23 Feb 2016, 15:56 PM

MHT is probably the only reliable counter with flame barrage

Oh yeah have to try that out, was thinking of that myself too. Thanks!
23 Feb 2016, 15:57 PM

:rofl::lolol::clap:

new cancer commanders will bring us the real pain soon
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment