Login

russian armor

AI depletes itself

5 Jul 2013, 14:44 PM

usually on the 2-4 player maps, the standard/advanced ai launches a somewhat coordinated massive attack with infantry, mortars, and tanks. this usually happens at about 10 minutes into a game. i've found that if you can beat this attack back with at and machine guns, the soviets seem pretty depleted and you can quickly take the whole map. you usually can tell they are hurting because T70's start showing up instead of T34/76.

it's definitely better than coh 1 in terms of a challenge; but, once you figure it out...
11 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2013, 14:44 PMDDay
usually on the 2-4 player maps, the standard/advanced ai launches a somewhat coordinated massive attack with infantry, mortars, and tanks. this usually happens at about 10 minutes into a game. i've found that if you can beat this attack back with at and machine guns, the soviets seem pretty depleted and you can quickly take the whole map. you usually can tell they are hurting because T70's start showing up instead of T34/76.

it's definitely better than coh 1 in terms of a challenge; but, once you figure it out...

I must agree based on playing against easy and standard AI's, have not yet played against hard or extreme so can't say about them, but yet, about 10 minutes in the AI seem to launch an all out attack and then after that they get more quiet, maybe because by that time we have tanks and are ready to counter attack and thus not giving them time to build up another mass attack? I've seen a German AI bring a Tiger and Grenadiers etc, but after that all they brought was another Tiger tank and for infantry they started using engineers.

However I also agree the AI of COH2 is much better than COH1, as I use to play against expert AI in COH1 and could pretty much beat them every time since they became so predictable. (note that I used barbed wire and tank traps to slow them down though), which in this game does not work, since you don't get tank traps anymore, but the barbed wire seems to work nicely for infantry since the AI does not know how to cut it for some reason.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 30
South Africa 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment