Login

russian armor

Jesus flip, why does this game freeze so much.

21 Feb 2016, 06:35 AM

Is this just me? My hardware is new, fiber optic cables for amazing internet connection, and the game fucking freezes every now and then in the middle of games. Pisses me off, and ruins my experience (as well as my stats). Is this that optimization every one is talking about? This is absolutely infuriating, jesus. Fix your game Relic.
21 Feb 2016, 07:17 AM

Is this just me? My hardware is new, fiber optic cables for amazing internet connection, and the game fucking freezes every now and then in the middle of games. Pisses me off, and ruins my experience (as well as my stats). Is this that optimization every one is talking about? This is absolutely infuriating, jesus. Fix your game Relic.

Enable an FPS counter (Steam, FRAPS, etc). If the FPS drops while the lag happens, it's a hardware/game engine issue. If your FPS remains stable, it's an Internet connection issue (at any point between you and the Battle server).
21 Feb 2016, 07:23 AM

Well, I'd rather find a solution, then let the game freeze again. It can't be my hardware or internet connection, I've opted for the best.
21 Feb 2016, 07:33 AM

The game engine is the exact opposite of 'Top-Notch', and I haven't seen too much improvement for it either, not even attempted improvement. For now, the only way to improve it's performance is to set every graphics and audio setting to it's bare minimum. It may not improve too much, but It does add slightly to the games overall performance.
21 Feb 2016, 07:44 AM

Well, I'd rather find a solution, then let the game freeze again.

I'm aware you were rage posting initially, but my post told you exactly how to start doing that.
21 Feb 2016, 07:48 AM

i play at max settings but the random spikes only happen occasionally. Like the lag freeze happens then goes away for the next 20 mins for me. Its more of a connection issue. This game runs on Peer to Peer right?
21 Feb 2016, 08:23 AM

Random freezing seems like exactly that; random. Some days I'll play 10 games and not experience a single freeze, other days I'll get them every other game.

Like others have said, let's at least get some basics covered. Namely, does the frame-rate drop during these freezes. That'll let us narrow down the problem a bunch.
21 Feb 2016, 18:01 PM

It's not lag, the game will freeze or crashes, that's the thing, my hardware is new and my connection is good so the game never lags, it just crashes and freezes which buggers me.
21 Feb 2016, 18:11 PM

Its more of a connection issue. This game runs on Peer to Peer right?

No. I had the freezes in skirmish. The only difference is in multiplayer the game runs faster for a while after the freezewhile in skirmish it just pauses.
21 Feb 2016, 19:42 PM

The engine is just bad. It microfreezes constantly. It gets worse the more units there are on the map so I assume it has to do with their truesight system calculating.

Combined with the high input lag in the game, the high lag you get from a player base dispersed around the world, and the awful pathfinding/unit movement; this game can be an exercise in frustration sometimes.

21 Feb 2016, 19:57 PM

Everyone has this. It's a feature. Coldtech 2.0.
22 Feb 2016, 01:50 AM

Every game at roughly the 1-2 minute mark. Right around the time I am trying to place an MG. 9 outta 10 times not an issue but if I have contact with the MG and the freeze can cost me the unit.

I run a constant 95mb connection with a latency to local server of 2ms and running 16gig ddr5 ram, 980ti and cannot remember but recent i5 processor over clocked to 4gig so not a hardware or latency issue. Never any issue with any other game and it is constantly the same time every game regardless of first match or 6th.
22 Feb 2016, 02:35 AM

I have this happen as well. Most frustrating thing in the game. I always assumed it was my internet connection because some days (like this past week) I get lag where I'm always a second behind. I tell me units to do something and they respond a half second later. Makes dodging nades impossible.
22 Feb 2016, 04:01 AM

It's not lag, the game will freeze or crashes, that's the thing, my hardware is new and my connection is good so the game never lags, it just crashes and freezes which buggers me.

So, it's a hardware/system problem. That at least narrows it down.

So I guess the usual questions: Full system specs, is anything overclocked, drivers and stuff up to date, verify game cache, etc.

For the nay-sayers: I can only actually remember the game crashing once since I bought it just after release, which was around January of this year.
22 Feb 2016, 05:33 AM

So, it's a hardware/system problem. That at least narrows it down.

So I guess the usual questions: Full system specs, is anything overclocked, drivers and stuff up to date, verify game cache, etc.

For the nay-sayers: I can only actually remember the game crashing once since I bought it just after release, which was around January of this year.

Yes, everything is up to date, nothing else running, new equipment.
22 Feb 2016, 06:10 AM

new equipment.

Ok going to need to be way more specific here. Like CPU, GPU, ram, etc.

Anything overclocked? Done stability tests (even if not OC'd)? When it crashes does it bugsplat? Does it just close? Do you need to close it via task manager?

People can only help with details.
22 Feb 2016, 10:33 AM

Banned
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 95

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %