Login

russian armor

DEV Feedback?

5 Jul 2013, 08:52 AM

Any chance on hearing direct from relic devs ?
In regards on plans for the near future . EG balance change's , Map design contest or even replying to all these negative post i see going around .
regards , goon

5 Jul 2013, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2013, 08:52 AMgoonie
Any chance on hearing direct from relic devs ?
In regards on plans for the near future . EG balance change's , Map design contest or even replying to all these negative post i see going around .
regards , goon

I agree, it would be nice to be informed about what changes Relic are looking to make and how they will be implemented. The post about the Maps and having a contest is also an excellent idea and a map editor is needed ASAP to get some smaller 1v1 maps in particular. having maps with proper cutoff points is essential to COH gameplay.

The problem with using maps twice and changing the season is the strat/muni/fuel points become broken. E.G Moscow Outskirts Winter is OK because there is a cut of to the side fuels from a strat point in the center but on the Summer version there is basically no way to cut the Fuel or the Ammo as it is right next to the base. I would actually like it to be possible in an editor to add strat points that give no resources but have high fuel and ammo points again and make it so they can be cutoff to have a more cat and mouse style of play.

Overall though a bit more feedback from the dev's as to what changes they are looking at making and possible time frames is all myself and a lot of others are wanting.
5 Jul 2013, 09:06 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

There are dev posts all over the site, which you can easily find by looking for threads with an "r" in the index. Then use the special dev pager in the header of the thread to skip to the dev posts.

Honestly the last thing I want to see devs do is waste their time replying to strictly negative posts. Provide intelligent and constructive feedback and it will get noticed.
5 Jul 2013, 09:13 AM

Its not the negative feed back, yes there is heaps of that but what we want is an 'OFFICIAL' sticky post, regularly updated with what the dev's are looking at changing/adding/fixing in the game ATM. We would like this and other possible features they are looking at and MOST of all a time frame of when we should expect this. Look at the Metacritic scores ATM, 5.9 user review, a lot of people dont care about these but A lot of people do and it is hurting the possible longevity of the game. Look at the Steam forums, every post a negative response. Just put some 'OFFICIAL' posts in place and it will STOP heaps of the negativity.

And as for constructive posts form the Dev's ATM there are actually 2 on the first 2 pages in these forums;

'We are looking into this. The larger, somewhat hidden, issue is that HTD modifiers stack with cover modifiers. So if I HTD near green cover im nearly invincible. There are a few other issues but this seems to be the major one. We are working to resolve it though.' -Pqumsieh, with regards to HTD and

'We are looking into this, hopefully we will have something out soon. Unfortunately a change won't be ready by next patch.' - Pqumsieh, with regards to German strafe

That is hardly 'all over the forums' but it is these types of posts (regarding actual gameplay) and more that we are looking for in an 'OFFICIAL' sense. Plus a little more indication of what the dev's themselves are looking to change and not just adhoc statements within other posts.
5 Jul 2013, 09:58 AM
5 Jul 2013, 10:03 AM
Honorary Member Badge

keep your eyes peeled for a dev interview that is around the corner. It will have a lot of information you are asking for
5 Jul 2013, 11:02 AM

keep your eyes peeled for a dev interview that is around the corner. It will have a lot of information you are asking for

Sounds good I will be waiting in anticipation, hope it isn't too long though as the balance patch and game lobby/ladders are needed ASAP.
5 Jul 2013, 12:58 PM
Patrion 14

Reading through this and companyofheroes.com forum and developer's twitter, you'd have no idea of where this game is heading or if it even has a future, much less address some outstanding issues that's been identified since the beta.

This is pretty much it.

I know Relic must be pretty fatigued after shipping the game, but they need to keep some momentum.
Only Relic postRelic 7 Jul 2013, 20:53 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'll look into getting you guys more information as we move forward.

As Quinn noted in his interview, we are also looking to get a public test server up very soon which should provide everything you are asking for. It will give you explicit details on what changes are coming up and provide some community members the opportunity to get involved in the games future development.

Rest assured, we are reading the forums and taking all the feedback we get into consideration. We do our best to go through all the forums, collect feedback, and present it at our morning design meetings.

If you read Quinn's interview, you'll note that we do plan to put much more effort into COH2. Its not something we're just dropping. Personally, knowing what I know, I think we have a very strong future ahead of us and I think those who visited the studio a few weeks ago will agree.
7 Jul 2013, 21:32 PM

I'll look into getting you guys more information as we move forward.

As Quinn noted in his interview, we are also looking to get a public test server up very soon which should provide everything you are asking for. It will give you explicit details on what changes are coming up and provide some community members the opportunity to get involved in the games future development.

Rest assured, we are reading the forums and taking all the feedback we get into consideration. We do our best to go through all the forums, collect feedback, and present it at our morning design meetings.

If you read Quinn's interview, you'll note that we do plan to put much more effort into COH2. Its not something we're just dropping. Personally, knowing what I know, I think we have a very strong future ahead of us and I think those who visited the studio a few weeks ago will agree.

Now this is much more positive feedback, thankyou Pqumsieh. Very much looking forward to the public test server and getting some idea of what changes are coming up. Allowing us to get more involved shows great respect for the community and is a big step in the right direction. Keep the information coming guys, cheers.
8 Jul 2013, 00:19 AM

Permanently Banned
The community is hurting for a competetive patch.

Please, prioritise balance over PvE. Those players will find ways to make due, but vs players need you to make this work.e
8 Jul 2013, 07:34 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

A balance patch is coming very soon Nullist ;)
8 Jul 2013, 08:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Glad to hear that Marcus!

Its a bit concerning that considering even including the final weeks of open beta, and post launch, we are still waiting for it. Even more concerning that known serious issues didnt make it into it, according to Devs, such as the Strafing Run...

Even DoW2 had a "1 patch per month" principle up till its demise, and Caeltos's freelance ELITE mod guys where coming out with updates almost daily at its peak.

(Intended with all due respect to Devs, who I am sure are working at it as hard/fast as they can)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★