Login

russian armor

introduction from an old school rts gamer

Ojy
5 Jul 2013, 06:44 AM

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself.
Ive been playing coh2 since start of open beta and am loving it (but only if I win ha :) )
Ive been playing strat games since the second dune game by westwood, where u had to individually select each unit then give it an order. right through to total annihilation and its spiritual successor supreme commander so ive had my fair share of rage quits and awesome victories. I ofcoarse played the "highest rated" strategy game ever but never online for some reason. Didnt know what I was missing to be honest but hoping to make up for it with coh 2.
So thats me and hi. Love the website and good gaming.

Edit - forgot some shit.
5 Jul 2013, 09:34 AM

Total Annihilation <444>3 I'm gonna play that again right now! :P

And welcome ofc :P
5 Jul 2013, 09:51 AM

Oh man I loved Dune 2.. Spice harvesting, worms, Devastator tanks!!! Definitely the game that got me into the RTS genre. Populous the beginning was sweet too... Also did anyone play Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far? Sooo many hours of my life went into that :)
Ojy
5 Jul 2013, 11:09 AM

ha, i was expecting a nostalgia fest. and yes, close combat 2 that game was fricking amazing... Wish someone would remake that shit... and rainbow 6. love those tactical fps games, they just dont seem to make them anymore.
5 Jul 2013, 13:13 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Welcome dude =]. I used to play Total Annihilation back in those old days as well XD. Great game.
5 Jul 2013, 14:51 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2013, 11:09 AMOjy
ha, i was expecting a nostalgia fest. and yes, close combat 2 that game was fricking amazing... Wish someone would remake that shit... and rainbow 6. love those tactical fps games, they just dont seem to make them anymore.

They sort of have remade Close Combat - there are games like Panthers in the Fog and Last Stand Arnhem that update Close Combat itself, and games like Achtung Panzer: Operation Star that play a lot like Close Combat but with modern graphics. As for Rainbow 6, we just have to hope Takedown and Ground Branch are good.
5 Jul 2013, 17:34 PM

No AoE, no old school !

!!
Ojy
5 Jul 2013, 19:39 PM

They sort of have remade Close Combat - there are games like Panthers in the Fog and Last Stand Arnhem that update Close Combat itself, and games like Achtung Panzer: Operation Star that play a lot like Close Combat but with modern graphics. As for Rainbow 6, we just have to hope Takedown and Ground Branch are good.

Awesome dude, i will deffo check them out.
AoE was out a long time after TA, and dune 2.
5 Jul 2013, 21:44 PM

Haha we should play some Total Annihilation someday over hamachi or Tunngle. I know Guderian also played it. And I still play it with friends sometimes over LAN :D
Ojy
5 Jul 2013, 22:53 PM

Haha we should play some Total Annihilation someday over hamachi or Tunngle. I know Guderian also played it. And I still play it with friends sometimes over LAN :D

Shit son. Ill have to see if I can dig it out from somewhere, I bet theres hundreds of mods out for it by now lol.
Crazy amounts of units out for it when I stopped playing. So I cant even imaging remembering them all.
ill have to see if I can find the quake 2 soundtrack that I used to always listen to along with it aswel lol.
6 Jul 2013, 00:39 AM

Wow nice shout man.... Going to check these out cheers :)
6 Jul 2013, 01:08 AM

Welcome!

Close combat 2 and Dune 2 represent =)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment