Login

russian armor

How to deal with OKW against british defensive positions ?

17 Feb 2016, 10:29 AM

Hi mates,

I am quiet a newbie and encounter many different difficulties when trying online game.
Most of my troubles come from me to be still too slow motion in my movements and decisions.
But one of my major trouble is dealing with british defensive positions.
I mainly play with OKW and once Brits build a mortar emplacement or a 17lber emplacement close to control points, no way for me to approach whatever direction I come from.
As a OKW I usualy start the game rushing on fuel point and controling one or two control points, and very quickly British build mortar position in the area and destruct all defense I created around point (MG34, Racketenwerfer, Panzergrenadiers with Panzerschreck, even if well protected or inside buildings).
From that moment, impossible for me to do anything, not even to approach point.

Any advise from experienced guyes ?

Thanks.
17 Feb 2016, 10:36 AM

Could you post a replay so we can analyze your gameplay.

You can counter Mortar pits and other emplacements by building a IsGs as OKW and barrage it, dont forget to reposistion your IsG when the mortarpit/bofors tries to barrage your IsG.

You can also force a brace (with IsG) and attack it as brace is almost over so it dies to a couple of pak/shreck shots or trow a incendiary nade.
18 Feb 2016, 14:47 PM

In my experience, if you can get an emplacement to brace through ISG fire, you can usually knock it out with incendiary grenades once it's brace period ends. Incendiary grenades will make quick work of any emplacements.

Alternatively, remember that he just spent a ton of manpower locking down one area. If he's setup around a particular point, working on capping other areas of the map if you don't have the tools to knock out the emplacement right away.
19 Feb 2016, 15:37 PM

I havent played since november, but arent emplacements just LeIG bait? I used to always get at least one anyway and against brits, they just went to a 24/7 emplacement bombardment duty + reposition while on CD. I heard there were some nerfs to the LeIG, did they go as far as to invalidate them against emplacements? They used to be very proficient at bringing them down.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★