Login

russian armor

General Winter (Soviet) added to Sonic Racing Transformed

4 Jul 2013, 20:34 PM

This newly released DLC is free of charge, there's a free weekend for the entire game on Steam right now & it's just $7.49 if you decide to buy. It's a great kart game so check it out if you like Kart games. Had some Bizarre staff on it from the team that handled Blur, the skill threshold's a lot higher than Mario Kart and doing well is pretty dependent on boosting via pads/drifts, you can also dodge/block all items if you get good enough, anyways here's a photo:

This addition is only in the PC version and joins three other PC exclusive characters as racers: Football Manager, Shogun (from Shogun 2) and Team Fortress 2.

Edit:

Pictures of the transformation:

4 Jul 2013, 21:16 PM
Senior Caster Badge

That is adorable.
4 Jul 2013, 21:24 PM

Sonic Racing is occupied by CoH2!
4 Jul 2013, 21:37 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I bought that shit. Me n my son are gonna have fun tomorrow. General Winter is funny because he says stuff from COH2. Also he looks like me :P
4 Jul 2013, 21:41 PM

I bought that shit. Me n my son are gonna have fun tomorrow. General Winter is funny because he says stuff from COH2. Also he looks like me :P

For some reason I thought you'd be interested in this, I hope you enjoy but if he's young make sure you put it on the easiest difficulty because the game is rather challenging until you get the hang of the drifting mechanic.

The game supports local splitscreen too (too rarely seen in PC releases unfortunately), so if you have two 360 controllers plug em in and enjoy :)

Also, forgot to mention the DLC is 74 cents and adds Metal Sonic (racer) and a new track from OutRun (Yu Suzuki's arcade classic). It's a pretty good value as far as DLC goes.
4 Jul 2013, 22:11 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I don't have any controllers :( I guess I have 2 options to play w my son right? 1) get a controller and have splitscreen w 1 person on KB and one person on controller or 2) get another copy of the game for my son's machine? Would that work?
4 Jul 2013, 22:22 PM

I don't have any controllers :( I guess I have 2 options to play w my son right? 1) get a controller and have splitscreen w 1 person on KB and one person on controller or 2) get another copy of the game for my son's machine? Would that work?

It supports online play too, so that would work. Or you can buy a controller and one person can be on keyboard, though I'm not 100% sure on whether you can mix and match controller and keyboard. I'll go check for you.
4 Jul 2013, 22:25 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Man how do you play this game?! :O How do you drift?

So far I've found "q" "w" "e" "shift" "left" "right"...

Are there more?

*lol noob*
4 Jul 2013, 22:33 PM

Man how do you play this game?! :O How do you drift?

So far I've found "q" "w" "e" "shift" "left" "right"...

Are there more?

*lol noob*

Ok, so you can mix/match controller/keyboard though it's a bit funkier than multiple controllers it does support it. Also this game has surprisingly decent keyboard controls, shocking, I'm always the kind of guy who wants at least an analog for racing games, anyways!

How to drift, you want to hold gas steer left/right and brake at the same time, there's three levels of drift, each will give you a more prolonged boost than the last. It seems difficult at first to some but once you get used to it and learn the best places to exploit it on the track it becomes second nature.

Here's a video of what it looks like in a drift challenge.
4 Jul 2013, 23:15 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Ah right, so "space" is break, right? So hold "shift", "space" and "right" at the same time?

Are there other keys that I missed?
5 Jul 2013, 00:29 AM

Ah right, so "space" is break, right? So hold "shift", "space" and "right" at the same time?

Are there other keys that I missed?

Brake is on space bar, Shift is gas, steering is on the arrow keys, q key looks behind you, I think e key shoots an item if you have it (not 100% sure on this) and wasd do front/backflips (W/S) and barrel rolls (A/D) these can be performed between some transformations for bonus boosts or you can do them after jumping off ramps, they can be stacked (for example, double, triple, multi-rolls) for longer boosts.

The keys can be rebound in the config tool (rest of the games options, including graphical, are in here too), frankly I wouldn't change the keys though. The default set up is surprisingly good for a racing game like this.

If you don't want to bother too much with boosting the easier difficulties can be played without much of it, as you move into hard/expert it becomes an absolute necessity to know when to drift and how long to drift.

Also I played some races with General Winter earlier, he's fantastic. I love him.
20 Aug 2013, 09:46 AM

Bump because SEGA added another strategy character free of charge to the PC version of this game, Willemus, who represents Rome II :D

20 Aug 2013, 17:02 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Heh cool. I'll have to play a few more rounds. Fun game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 7
South Africa 1
Germany 412
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %