Login

russian armor

Garison HMG losing models when attacked from no window side

• This thread is locked
PAGES (4)down
15 Feb 2016, 05:00 AM

Without this USF would have zero counter to T0 MG42 for the first couple minutes of game play. Smoke and flank doesn't exist until fuel wall/unlock time has passed.

Same applies but to a lesser extent to OKW only difference is SPio's beat RE's at building clearance.

If they remove this then T0 MG's need to go with it.
15 Feb 2016, 05:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 05:00 AMTobis

You seem to want no risk in your defence.

If you get outflanked you should be punished.

Getting flanked is fine.

Getting flanked when they can shoot through a wall I can't is not fine.

Stop implying I don't think I should be allowed to be flanked. I have never said that. I even said I would be ok with being able to use a throwable weapon from that side.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 05:00 AMGumboot
Without this USF would have zero counter to T0 MG42 for the first couple minutes of game play. Smoke and flank doesn't exist until fuel wall/unlock time has passed.

Same applies but to a lesser extent to OKW only difference is SPio's beat RE's at building clearance.

If they remove this then T0 MG's need to go with it.

The defender can always switch its facing and the attacker can always attack from multiple angles. This is tactics.

I don't want to be able to fire from a side with no windows, but I also don't want to be able to have the attacker do it.

Play and counter-play.

Play
Guy gets in a building with an mg.

Counterplay
You can flank it, swarm it, flame it, nade it, smoke it, mortar it.

And that's all the things you can do in the first 5 minutes depending on how you decide to respond.

If there is a side of the building with no windows, more power to you head in from that side. But you shouldn't be able to SHOOT THROUGH A FUCKING STONE WALL WITH INFANTRY
15 Feb 2016, 05:23 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Play
Guy gets in a building with an mg.

Counterplay
You can flank it, swarm it, flame it, nade it, smoke it, mortar it.

And that's all the things you can do in the first 5 minutes depending on how you decide to respond.

If there is a side of the building with no windows, more power to you head in from that side. But you shouldn't be able to SHOOT THROUGH A FUCKING STONE WALL WITH INFANTRY

So basically you only want to be able to take damage from small arms from units standing right in the arc of your mg, where they will get torn to pieces and suppressed.

That's not practical. There is no swarming or flanking that, any infantry will just get suppressed. Your change would make machine guns in buildings too powerful.
15 Feb 2016, 05:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 05:23 AMTobis

So basically you only want to be able to take damage from small arms from units standing right in the arc of your mg, where they will get torn to pieces and suppressed.

That's not practical. There is no swarming or flanking that, any infantry will just get suppressed. Your change would make machine guns in buildings too powerful.

Do you not realize you can attack multiple sides at once? Did you also know that an MG can only cover one side of a building at a time? Cause it sure sounds like you don't.
15 Feb 2016, 06:06 AM

This thread...what's next?
15 Feb 2016, 06:06 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Do you not realize you can attack multiple sides at once? Did you also know that an MG can only cover one side of a building at a time? Cause it sure sounds like you don't.

I don't understand, you wanted to change it so that troops can only fire at the side that the windows are occupied on. If you face an mg one way how does attacking from different sides of the building hurt the mg in your world?
15 Feb 2016, 06:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 06:06 AMTobis

I don't understand, you wanted to change it so that troops can only fire at the side that the windows are occupied on. If you face an mg one way how does attacking from different sides of the building hurt the mg in your world?

If he wants realism, he can always call in a shell from Gustav, hopefully that should take care of an MG.
15 Feb 2016, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 06:06 AMTobis

Why are you being this free with your interpretation of my words when I have laid it out plainly multiple times.

In my "world" buildings with stone walls and no windows would not allow small caliber ammunition to pass right through them and damage the people inside.

Have you really never noticed that you can do damage to an HMG from a side it's not facing? If it didn't, then I never would have made the thread to begin with as my Maxim never would have been shredded by 3 spios parked outside the building on a blank wall.
15 Feb 2016, 06:54 AM

This thread...what's next?

Personally, I am praying for the moment Tobis puts down his crack pipe.
15 Feb 2016, 08:05 AM

If he wants realism, he can always call in a shell from Gustav, hopefully that should take care of an MG.

Well played sir
15 Feb 2016, 09:55 AM
Donator 11

Yeah not going to happen, coh2 is more about balance than realism. As others said, if you want that realism then you should also want units to storm buildings and clear your maxims in seconds, grenades blowing them up instantly and hmg's changing windows would take a minute instead of second.
15 Feb 2016, 11:21 AM

Makes a thread about a obvious thing that everyone with more than 300 hours played knows, puts in bug section, starts ranting about balance

What?
15 Feb 2016, 16:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Why are you being this free with your interpretation of my words when I have laid it out plainly multiple times.

In my "world" buildings with stone walls and no windows would not allow small caliber ammunition to pass right through them and damage the people inside.

Have you really never noticed that you can do damage to an HMG from a side it's not facing? If it didn't, then I never would have made the thread to begin with as my Maxim never would have been shredded by 3 spios parked outside the building on a blank wall.

I honestly have no idea what you are on about anymore. It's like you think buildings only have 2 sides....

You realize that if you make your change, it would be impossible to shoot at the mg gunner from any other side than what it is facing, right? Meaning, the only way to damage it with small arms fire is to stand in the arc and get shewed up and suppressed. Approaching from other sides of the building wouldn't help because you would still have to stand in the arc of the machine gun to shoot it.

Because you are apparently a bit dense, I am speaking hypothetically about the changes you propose, not what is already in the game.

Or a Hotchkiss barrage/ :snfBarton:
15 Feb 2016, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 11:21 AMPlaguer
Makes a thread about a obvious thing that everyone with more than 300 hours played knows, puts in bug section, starts ranting about balance

What?

I want Cuddle to speak on the issue. There are things they never know about unless we tell them. Sorry you didn't catch that. Thinking can be hard sometimes.
15 Feb 2016, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 16:30 PMTobis

I honestly have no idea what you are on about anymore. It's like you think buildings only have 2 sides....

You realize that if you make your change, it would be impossible to shoot at the mg gunner from any other side than what it is facing, right? Meaning, the only way to damage it with small arms fire is to stand in the arc and get shewed up and suppressed. Approaching from other sides of the building wouldn't help because you would still have to stand in the arc of the machine gun to shoot it.

Why are you being willfully obtuse? That is the only possible explanation for you ignoring everything I am saying and replying with the same complaint.

Either you are trolling and I am falling for it because I really didn't think a guy with over 700 posts would troll for this long or you just need an adult to help you.
15 Feb 2016, 16:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Why are you being willfully obtuse? That is the only possible explanation for you ignoring everything I am saying and replying with the same complaint.

Either you are trolling and I am falling for it because I really didn't think a guy with over 700 posts would troll for this long or you just need an adult to help you.

You realize I am speaking hypothetically about the changes you would make, right?

What exactly is getting you confused?
15 Feb 2016, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 16:43 PMTobis

You realize I am speaking hypothetically about the changes you would make, right?

What exactly is getting you confused?

The only thing I want is attacking infantry not to be able to shoot through sides of buildings with no walls.

That's it. I have said it about 8 times now in different ways and you still don't get it.

You say my change would make it impossible to damage an HMG from any side but the one it is facing. How?
15 Feb 2016, 16:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The only thing I want is attacking infantry not to be able to shoot through sides of buildings with no walls.

That's it. I have said it about 8 times now in different ways and you still don't get it.

You say my change would make it impossible to damage an HMG from any side but the one it is facing. How?

I can't comprehend this level of denial.

This is how.
15 Feb 2016, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2016, 16:57 PMTobis

This is how.

Tell me. How many buildings there are with windows on only one side of the structure.

I think you are concerned by a non-issue.
15 Feb 2016, 17:25 PM

This isn't a bug, this is a feature. Shouldn't this be in the balance/gameplay section?
PAGES (4)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 35
South Africa 1
Germany 625
Peru 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L