Login

russian armor

Trenches are underrated

13 Feb 2016, 07:04 AM

Trenches: 50 MP, provide building green cover, troops inside can fire at any direction however MGs can only be positioned from the front of back. Take longer to construct than sandbags.

Why use them: I've conducted tests with Tommies vs other commonly seen units in the early game. Even in green cover and from max range, Sturms and Assault Grens can win against Tommies in green cover if they rush up to them. This is partially because once you get close enough, the defensive bonuses from cover are removed. However this doesn't apply to buildings/structures. Even if Sturms come in from around the corner and are already close to your bunker. You will still usually.

Keep in mind normal buildings have limited windows so your firepower will be reduced to most likely 3 men firing.
14 Feb 2016, 01:46 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Feb 2016, 07:04 AMashxu
Trenches: provide building green cover

They actually provide trench green cover, which is even better.
14 Feb 2016, 01:51 AM

No they are not , they were used in the last ESL with great success.
14 Feb 2016, 03:00 AM

Especially with target size so small .... even the chance of hitting an infantry with zooks, schreks or at guns are higher. Attack ground would often miss as well. I dont see why trenches are bad
14 Feb 2016, 04:56 AM

Underrated? nope its a good thing to have
15 Feb 2016, 17:22 PM

I love em, even an empty trench is almost worth the cost given the amount of time pios etc are tied up taking them out.

Sometimes they get bored and bypass to cap, at which point sneaking a Vickers in results in fun. :)

Building one next to a likely MG42 garrison can result in fun too. 42 targets trench, engineers sneak into trench, 42 has a bad hair day.

If you use mortars and are up against a Shreck blobber much fun can be had. Stick a trench on the retreat path from your fuel / cutoff and they have to be stationary to fire at it which results in much 3in joy. If they ignore it then sneaking a Vickers in whilst prosecuting the blob gives you much wipey happiness.

Also whilst I'm a bit crap with snipers if you put one in a trench they'll soon learn to be ultra careful about approaching apparently empty ones with anything less than armour. Can be more effective than building a bofors... :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★