Login

russian armor

build order.

Ojy
4 Jul 2013, 11:42 AM

just wanted to put out my build order/s for you guys to check out, use it, let me know how it goes or just highlight any weaknesses strengths in it if u want.

>con>con>con>ATnades>con
At this point i'm just grabbing all the points harassing the enemy but only committing to fights i know i can win, or stalling the enemy as much as i can. Not bothering with VP's at this stage. particular attention played to fuel.
These cons will (hopefully) be with me for the entire game getting them 3 star vetted and getting them ppsh and HTD.
My engi will be laying mines as much as poss regardless. but keeping muni's for if they get out a half track.
Medic HQ. if i am doing ok.

At this point my strat can go one of two ways. If its a large map and the wehr are going support heavy i will bang out a clown car with penal's but if I've secured the map i will go support and bang out a couple of MG's and maybe a mortar.

time for a fuel cache
This is where i get guards and upgrade them.
Now its time for an AT gun, if i have the support building. If i dont i go straight to T4 and get an SU85.

Time for T3 and a T70. if i didn't go for T4.

at this point i will have at least half the map but the enemy start to become a viable contender so i prepare for their counter attack.
This involves getting another engi unit out and more mines with a couple of T34's if i went support and T3.
If i havent already i build T4 and get SU85 then a rocket truck.

If i went support building i will not build a rifle for the entire game, and vice versa.

Its a strat that has served me well so far, with mid level skill players anyway.

Let me know what u all think.
7 Jul 2013, 20:31 PM

Have you thought about building a support building straight off then getting a Maxim out then Conscripts?

As you say you like to pay attention to fuel points but with Conscripts once you get the fuel points you need to keep moving them leaving points undefended. If you had a Maxim early on it could help lock down a fuel point leaving you not having to worry about it being taken from you early while you use your Conscripts to keep capping other points. Plus if the enemy knows you got a Maxim defending a fuel point they will be concentrating hard on trying to take that Maxim out diverting their attention more.

I like your strategy overall though just giving you alternative ideas for early build.
Ojy
8 Jul 2013, 11:18 AM

I have never built support first like this as i always thought that the major bonus for the russians is their early game mobility and flexibility that 4 cons and an engi gives you, and the rest of the game leads off from this.
However, i have been playing alot of games as germans for the first time recently and it is giving me a whole new perspective on the russians. In that their flexibility and versatility are probably their main advantage which i am limiting with this build order.
I would never build a support right off the bat but maybe go for one after second or third cons so i have a range of units to choose from and can consolidate my map control.
11 Jul 2013, 22:44 PM

AT nades don't need to be incoperated into a build as their research time is short enough for it to be a reactionary step. Also getting it after only 3 conscripts will be completely pointless 95% of the time. Just a waste of manpower and fuel which could be used to either get molotvs, another engi or healing....
17 Jul 2013, 07:46 AM

AT nades don't need to be incoperated into a build as their research time is short enough for it to be a reactionary step. Also getting it after only 3 conscripts will be completely pointless 95% of the time. Just a waste of manpower and fuel which could be used to either get molotvs, another engi or healing....

I disagree the at nade is an important upgrade for soviets that base 4 squads on conscripts especialy with the chance of early german light armor. time of at nade tech is very vital to holding points after taking them and maybe they have a short research time but the fuel cost is an important factor into when you decide to get them.
17 Jul 2013, 19:57 PM

I disagree the at nade is an important upgrade for soviets that base 4 squads on conscripts especialy with the chance of early german light armor. time of at nade tech is very vital to holding points after taking them and maybe they have a short research time but the fuel cost is an important factor into when you decide to get them.

But AT nades right after the 3rd conscript is still too soon. You'll have nothing to use them on for 4-5 minutes. In the rare case of the opponent rushing to T2 and being surprised by an early Halftrack/Scout Car, you can just avoid it for the 30 seconds it takes to research AT nades.

I usually get them right around the time I build my first Tier building. Either right before, or right after...depending on how I'm doing in terms of map control.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★