Login

russian armor

New Commnders

11 Feb 2016, 01:15 AM

Anyone catch the twitch reveal of the new UKF commanders? I kinda saw it but didnt see all the info. Also, feel free to post your thoughts on them (from what I saw, the emplacement one looked really cool).
11 Feb 2016, 01:37 AM
11 Feb 2016, 04:03 AM

So come Feb 25th maybe we should have a sweepstake, between those who buy them, for who can induce the most rage quits. :D

Flame engis might give a use to the UC... Drive them up to a garrison and unload. Commandos might even things up on urban maps and the mattress itself, well depends upon accuracy etc. Anyone know the stats compared to the other rocket artys?

No top end abilities by the looks of it, just lots of stuff that will help early and midgame, especially if you are up against Ostruppen.

The emplacements doctrine looks to be very defensive but might give some attacking options. Offensively and early placed mortar pit for example. Counter battery is exciting, especially given the easy time that Leigs and mortars have against pits at the moment. Maybe the precision barrage will finally give us some decent artillery to use?

What exactly are fortified emplacements going to be? They currently have 5 armour and unless this is going to bring it up beyond Shreck pen I'm not seeing the use. IS repairing buildings... Would have to be a very important building me thinks, and by emplacements at CP0 that would be pits and nothing else till T2 goes up? Will this make garrisoning IS in an emplacement worthwhile maybe?

Would you give up the Croc, arty cover, raid operation, strafes and the rest etc from what you can see so far? I'll certainly be having a play but the lack of top end abilities ( and probably giving up Comet on the latter one) makes me a little bit skeptical, especially when I often wait a bit to see what the opposition has picked before choosing a commander.

We'll see...
11 Feb 2016, 18:50 PM

So come Feb 25th maybe we should have a sweepstake, between those who buy them, for who can induce the most rage quits. :D

Flame engis might give a use to the UC... Drive them up to a garrison and unload. Commandos might even things up on urban maps and the mattress itself, well depends upon accuracy etc. Anyone know the stats compared to the other rocket artys?

No top end abilities by the looks of it, just lots of stuff that will help early and midgame, especially if you are up against Ostruppen.

The emplacements doctrine looks to be very defensive but might give some attacking options. Offensively and early placed mortar pit for example. Counter battery is exciting, especially given the easy time that Leigs and mortars have against pits at the moment. Maybe the precision barrage will finally give us some decent artillery to use?

What exactly are fortified emplacements going to be? They currently have 5 armour and unless this is going to bring it up beyond Shreck pen I'm not seeing the use. IS repairing buildings... Would have to be a very important building me thinks, and by emplacements at CP0 that would be pits and nothing else till T2 goes up? Will this make garrisoning IS in an emplacement worthwhile maybe?

Would you give up the Croc, arty cover, raid operation, strafes and the rest etc from what you can see so far? I'll certainly be having a play but the lack of top end abilities ( and probably giving up Comet on the latter one) makes me a little bit skeptical, especially when I often wait a bit to see what the opposition has picked before choosing a commander.

We'll see...

I've been wanting commandoes deplored from buildings for a while. I think they'll really fit into the whole sneaking behind the lines thing a lot better if they can just come from anywhere like those damn fallschirms. Their ability to place demo charges will make it even better. Spawn commandoes near a major path behind the lines, place a demo, hold fire/use camo, and wait for an unfortunate squad to walk by.

I've also been wanting an emplacement-focused commander, so both really fulfill a lot of wishes. I can see myself having a lot of fun in 4v4s wreaking havok with commandoes and land matresses or just having super strong emplacements

And to answer your quetions: yeah, I would probably give up the croc for deployable commandoes adn other early-mid game stuff. Brits already have an ok late game, so I like having stuff that helps me to survive until then. I also can see really early mortar pit being a new strategy, especially since the IS's can garrison it and use it as a trench.
11 Feb 2016, 23:22 PM

One of my failed experiments was building aggressive forward pits and garrisoning a sniper. Unfortunately he tended to die too easily whilst garrisoned, but fortified emplacements might change that... IS with a Piat or two produced some interesting results though.
13 Feb 2016, 03:49 AM

is the improved cover bonus on the mobile assault a passive or thing you need to spend munitions on?
13 Feb 2016, 03:54 AM

Rumour has it munitions..
13 Feb 2016, 07:07 AM

Rumour has it munitions..

If so then what's the problem? UKF need munitions for medpacks, air support and Brens to stay in the game anyway. Also flame throwers are in this commander too.
13 Feb 2016, 11:31 AM

Who knows? There are already significant calls on munitions early game..

I suspect many of those complaining have been asked to do the washing up or toddy their rooms.
13 Feb 2016, 11:31 AM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
unknown 24
South Africa 1
Germany 397
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W