Login

russian armor

Trouble against USF in 1v1s

10 Feb 2016, 10:19 AM

So i've been getting back to 1v1s lately and the only faction i'm having trouble against is USF, I can't come up with a strat that allows you to beat 5 rifles etcetc

So what's the current meta/BO against usf in the early game? If I survive to mid game i'm usually fine but the early game power is something I can't deal with

Ps. I don't have any issues against Sovs or Brits so I only need tips against usf
11 Feb 2016, 01:43 AM

Against USF I would go:

HMG, Gren, Gren, Mortar to start

222, engi, Flak & Pgren (which one to pick first depends on situation)

One T3 tank, depending on enemy's army composition / own resources

P5

Doctrinal armor is always a solid option for Ostheer.

Remember to be flexibel and go "off-script" if needed (I tend to go more off script with Ostheer than other factions)

11 Feb 2016, 02:53 AM

As Ostheer, spam Mgs. As Okw, spam jagers. Trust me bro.
11 Feb 2016, 03:21 AM

Dude the reason they use a lot of rifflemen is that to counter your mgs and grenadiers but however you can build some mg bunkers at choke points and plant mines.Don't spam 1 type of unit
11 Feb 2016, 06:02 AM

1. Concentrate your troops early, if you played vcoh Wehrmacht you know what I mean. You got the late game advantage against usf

2. Snipers. If your good at sniper Micro 2 snipers! The reason for this is they pick off models which allows your gren to fight riflemen and bleed manpower

3. Due your concentration of troops you can cover your area with tellermines (important! If usf rushes your 2 snipers with his m20 and you got no gren for Faust or Teller you can outright call GG and surrender )

4. Dont be too greedy, overextension can be very punishing for ostheer because your army only works if used together.

5. BO: the more open the map, the earlier you should get a sniper. I would always go for the more open side of the map (Angoville for example, the left side is just much better for snipers,mg, paks).

Would be glad if someone correct me if there are better strats, ost was my fav faction but dnot play them at all atm due 70% beeing ukf with aec trololol easy win.
15 Feb 2016, 21:21 PM

Snipers and it literally is gg.
AVA
15 Feb 2016, 21:28 PM

1. Concentrate your troops early, if you played vcoh Wehrmacht you know what I mean. You got the late game advantage against usf

2. Snipers. If your good at sniper Micro 2 snipers! The reason for this is they pick off models which allows your gren to fight riflemen and bleed manpower

3. Due your concentration of troops you can cover your area with tellermines (important! If usf rushes your 2 snipers with his m20 and you got no gren for Faust or Teller you can outright call GG and surrender )

4. Dont be too greedy, overextension can be very punishing for ostheer because your army only works if used together.

5. BO: the more open the map, the earlier you should get a sniper. I would always go for the more open side of the map (Angoville for example, the left side is just much better for snipers,mg, paks).

Would be glad if someone correct me if there are better strats, ost was my fav faction but dnot play them at all atm due 70% beeing ukf with aec trololol easy win.

M20 can shutdown the sniper pretty early on though + potential flamer echi's, also easy8 can be hard to deal with mid/late.
15 Feb 2016, 21:35 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Build a sniper and predict tech. If he looks like he is going lieutenant go for the scout car. If he is going captain go for pak, or, if you're feeling like it, pgrens with schrecks. In either scenario, teller mines are great. The one thing that can really screw you up is the AA HT, but if you use mines correctly it is the easiest vehicle to bait.
2 Mar 2016, 19:35 PM

Sniper is a must, otherwise you can't really bleed their MP enough. Especially when the veterancy is totally broken, the USF infantry will have an edge throughout the game over your grens if he gets LMGs/BARs.

Also the map will have a huge impact on your success. I also don't trust the mortar that much even vs USF these days, since many players go captain and I feel like the pack howi totally wrecks the ost mortar and will just cause you an endless MP bleed or a loop of remanning it and reinforcing.

Nice to hear that I'm not the only one who struggles with Ostheer vs USF. Even vs brits it feels easier.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 38
Russian Federation 52
unknown 49
United States 21

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %