Login

russian armor

UKF macro decisions.

10 Feb 2016, 08:47 AM

Like I mentioned in this thread https://www.coh2.org/topic/49067/1v1-ukf-macro I have problem with decision which unit I should make, where should go, where should I push in 1v1.

Here is my recent replay.

Let me quote myself from another thread.

Ok guys, I have a feeling like I did really good in the early game but because of that I thought that the game is already won and in fact I lowered my focus level.

It punished me for that.

Then I tried to comeback from almost certain death.

Tell me, what I should do between 10-20min when I had quite good advantage in my opinion.

I need tips what macro misteakes I made and what I should have done to prevent situation which took place, where I was completly helpless.
WHO
15 Feb 2016, 19:02 PM

So I felt guilty for robbing your demo v schwer idea so consider this reparations. I watched the replay at 1x to about 25 mins, then sped through the rest. I made notes with time stamps. You may be thinking who the garden is this guy and why should I listen to him. Annnnnd I have no answer for this.

Summary: The main thing I saw was that you didn't choose a commander until like 20 minutes in, but you knew he was scavange within the first 5-10. You also were floating around 500 MP during this time that you could have used to put the nail in the coffin.

Observations by Time (roughly):

5m - You had your sections in that squatty building with only two windows on each side. They could have fought much more effectively from the two story building, even if it meant giving up the squatty barn.

8m-9m - You built an AT gun. What were you hoping to counter? You had an AEC on the field at that point. A pz2 will lose to an AEC and a Puma isn't a super threat to infantry that you need to preemptively build AT to avoid getting steam rolled. You could have gone with commandos, a sniper, or gone ahead and built that mortar pit.

11m - You are floating around 400MP with still no commander choice. You could have built a trench just above the right fuel and put your MG in it. It would shut down that side of the map while the mortar pit cleans up. The mortar pit kind of sucks unless you either have a squad in it or a forward assembly near by so you could have built an extra RE squad to sit in it or a forward assembly.

14m - You teched. You wouldn't have had enough fuel by the time the tech finished to build anything. This isn't bad, many top tier players have at least 180-200 fuel before teching, which means you can start building your cromwell as soon as your teching is complete.

15m - You have the enemy cutoff (temporarily) but you went to cap the opponent's fuel. You could have gone for the VP to setup a triple cap. Vanguard's raid operation really comes in handy for capping and punishing big retreats

??m - At some point you got 2xbrens. They aren't a bad choice, but raid operation and the air support really come in handy later.

15m - You built a second AT gun. Again, you've been dominating on resources, he's built a puma... at WORST you are tied on fuel. What's that AT gun going to counter than your AEC + Cromwell + AT Gun can't at this stage? Again, a sniper, MG trenches, a glider, REs to repair faster... lots of better choices here.

17m - You lost your MG somewhere close to here, but you didn't rebuild it. Your original MG butchered people in that forward building, but you never made an attempt to put it back in there. Also, trenches go a really long way. Force your opponent into building shitty leigs.

19m - You've lost an AT gun at this point while derping with them on the right side. There are too many blind corners over there to be effective unless you have a trench/sim city/supporting infantry to cover. Plant mines right and use AT guns where it's more open on the left. You are building another AT gun and didn't make the biggest effort to re-crew the one you lost.

20m - Again, you could have rebuilt your mortar pit with the MP you are floating.

33m - You lost a squad while staring down a KT. You could have been looking at something else, but I got the feeling that you were playing chicken while trying to cap the VP. You were ahead on VPs, there's no need to get into panic mode and lose squads. It's going to be a grinder, just let it grind.

42m - You destroyed the KT. I'm not sure of the timing on this one, but if you could have cancelled the firefly, there wasn't that much reason for it. Another cromwell would have been more suitable.

43m - You yolo'd two tanks trying to get a kill. Sometimes shit happens and vehicles get away with a sliver of health. That's the game. Just let it happen and wait until a better opportunity presents itself.
18 Feb 2016, 14:06 PM

That's a damn novel :D

Thanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 55
unknown 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L