Login

russian armor

Brits, a plea

9 Feb 2016, 03:14 AM

Greetings fellow CoHers! I have but a simple plea, and it is directed towards certain players who prefer the UKF:

Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, play aggressively. The last thing I want in a team game is to have to fight over and contest 80% of the map because you hunker down in your 20% and never extend beyond your burgeoning simcity. Yes, British emplacements are powerful and cool, but they're also easily avoided and neutralized, and when you're not contesting territory, you're conceding territory. When you're conceding territory, you're setting yourself up for a long and miserable loss.

Obviously this isn't directed towards all UKF players, but it appears to happen often enough that I get worried when I see I'm being teamed up with one. I implore you, think of your teammates. Think of your wins! That is all. Cheerio!
9 Feb 2016, 03:27 AM

intriguing thread for 3v3 and 4v4 players. hmm
9 Feb 2016, 04:06 AM

+1 I mainly play 4v4 as Brits and totally agree! Those emplacements are surely powerful, but not really helpful in team game. I only buid them when the Axis want to blobs Volks or other kinds of craps! Besides that, it pretty much annoying to see your Brits friends sit back and play Sim city while you work your ass out, trying to play the game!
Uhu
9 Feb 2016, 04:10 AM

+1.

I also play UKF, and I could not agree more. I only build emplacements mid-late game once I get a feeling how the opponents play, and only if it helps the team.

I remember one game where a teammate builds a simcity in the forest, and clusters it with manned team weapons AND infantry. Sad to say all 4 axis players proceeded to wreck the remaining 3 allies... :facepalm:
9 Feb 2016, 07:37 AM

burgeoning simcity :foreveralone:
9 Feb 2016, 14:23 PM

If in theory, Brits has super strong late game. What is the problem if he holds the fuel / muni / vp? Communicate, if not, go AT and do so.

Brits is very immobile early game.
9 Feb 2016, 17:02 PM

The concept is a faction that takes a few territories early, holds out and then use late game heavies to win.

Brit players should be able to lock down a sector of map, hold one VP and make it to the late game at which point you let emplacements die so you can get heavy tanks.

Having said this placement is key. Too far forward and they get destroyed easily. Too far back and they fail to contest enough territory.

I actually hate, really hate, the Brit design. It leads to lazy arty games, and ultimately hinges on some large late game battle with minimal flanking because all the heavies are too slow. Often this is complemented by lame off-maps that deal massive damage to help even the sides. Would have preferred a very different Brit faction.

Playing aggressive as Brits is very hard to do in large team games, as you quickly run into a situation where you need indirect fire to come with you and you simply don't have it.
9 Feb 2016, 17:24 PM

I have always try to play aggressive as Brits and yeah, too hard! Especially with the high mp to reinforce your basic infantries! So technically, the Brit design means that you have to be defensive or careful in your aggression, which mainly encouraged sim city builders! I love the Brits, just hope they have some more balance in offense too :(
9 Feb 2016, 18:24 PM

I have always try to play aggressive as Brits and yeah, too hard! Especially with the high mp to reinforce your basic infantries! So technically, the Brit design means that you have to be defensive or careful in your aggression, which mainly encouraged sim city builders! I love the Brits, just hope they have some more balance in offense too :(

Totally agrea. With the current starting MP @ 300 (vs 400 for USF for example) it's very hard to play offensive early on. While other factions are building their 3th squad right after the 2nd squad, UKF have to wait about 20 to 30 sec longer to build that 3th squad. That sets us back and if we then lose units by playing aggressive against the OKW, giving him the chance to get his sturmpio's in close range we are screwed with a serius MP bleed very early on... Better to try and hold ground so that the other 3 players can focuss on 1 other point, maby even flanking the Axis trough the UKF terain.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 20
Germany 388

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment