Login

russian armor

Solution for SU 85 + T70

4 Jul 2013, 07:24 AM

I am seeing too many people whinning about these two tanks here is my question , if soviets are not supposed to have those tanks in the way they are so can you tell me how a soviet player is supposed to counter P4 spam or panzergrenadier spam ? i know SU 85 can kill P4 in 2 -3 shots sometimes cause it gives engine damage to it by the 2nd shot most of the time but that is still not a problem.

Having trouble vs these two tanks ? Do you know SU 85 is extremly fragile against panzerschrecks ? Did you know T70 gets engine destoryed or damaged by first shot from almost any AT weapon except Pak ?

Solution to this is to remove the current panzerschreck system for PGs , instead of 120 for dual schreck make it 70 or 60 and let the player take 1 schreck. this means early access to AT weapon.

in my opinion they should stay in the way they are and the only thing which is bothering me is the M3 not these two tanks.

For more info please watch the tournament replays of me vs WmDifeelpretty & Apfelsaf. using true sight + schreck squad vs SU 85 a tank which is completely useless vs Infantry.
4 Jul 2013, 09:06 AM

They are fine. It's just clowncars that are broke.

Most German players just have no idea how to use smoke and rely on strafe spam to get by.
4 Jul 2013, 09:09 AM

They are fine. It's just clowncars that are broke.

Most German players just have no idea how to use smoke and rely on strafe spam to get by.

tank smoke is very powerful(perhaps little OP), it prevents everything shooting at it, a flame HT can stand toe-to-toe to a zis-3 using smoke, but that's to be discussed(whined) in future.
4 Jul 2013, 09:12 AM

Yeah, that's my opinion too.
And even with M3 i only think that the Sniper M3 is an issue and maybe the fact that it does more damage than the german scoutcar even without a crew.

And even with the current schreck upgrade it is possible to deal with it. I actually am against one schreck at a time because it creates a rather strong AI and AT unit due to still having 3 MP44s.

Well, don't rely on strafe spam, because relic is looking into it so it will get nerfed. But yes, most German players don't seem to use smoke enough.

raw
4 Jul 2013, 10:06 AM

The problem with the SU-85 is the timing. It needs to come a little later, to force the soviet to rely on T-34/Zis-26.
4 Jul 2013, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 10:06 AMraw
The problem with the SU-85 is the timing. It needs to come a little later, to force the soviet to rely on T-34/Zis-26.

Zis are not reliable AT at all.
4 Jul 2013, 12:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

German heavy tanks need a buff.. Tiger isnt worth it anymore.
4 Jul 2013, 12:38 PM

Thanks OP for pointing this out practical counters to these units to those who seem to be placing the blame at the feet of the balance devs at too early of a stage.

As to Raw's point: The problem with the SU-85 is the timing. It needs to come a little later, to force the soviet to rely on T-34/Zis-26.
-----

I feel that tier 2 and tier 3 complement each other nicely, with the Zis being good at finishing off rammed tanks, and also as an out for Soviet's munition surplus. The Soviet MG is very potent as a damage component against the Ostheer infantry force, and the mortar would be an option to defend your own crippled t34s in conjunction with the other support teams.

It just so happens that the main broadcasters for this game are advocating the tier 1 into tier 3 (to try and end the game early) or the tier 4 to play it safer, strategy.
4 Jul 2013, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2013, 12:31 PMSpanky
German heavy tanks need a buff.. Tiger isnt worth it anymore.

trust me, it's 10 times better than a IS-2
4 Jul 2013, 20:42 PM

Amen to that, i just face a tiger, su 85 (best counter soviets have) + a su 76 fired 6 shots each at the thing AND i had mark target, i did 0 damage to it then got blew up it pretty much 1 shotted my su76, popped smoke which forced my su 85 to run towards it (durp) as i was micro ing on the other side of the map to stop it in time and it then got smashed to bits.

is2 might survive quite well but... it does shit damage to armour.
5 Jul 2013, 02:22 AM

at least with/without supply truck, the Tiger tank is still affordable

prove of how IS-2 sucks bad (which is 80MP/50fuel more expensive than a Tiger)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERrqSooHgK0&feature=youtu.be
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 12
United Kingdom 194
United States 6

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %