Login

russian armor

Snipers should be limited to one on the field.

8 Feb 2016, 06:50 AM

Limiting a sniper is considered bad but limiting heavy vehicles is not??
8 Feb 2016, 07:06 AM
Donator 11

Limiting a sniper is considered bad but limiting heavy vehicles is not??

Limiting heavies was just as ridiculous of an idea. The only difference is that heavy tanks are much easier to micro than snipers.
8 Feb 2016, 07:35 AM
Admin Red  Badge

Here are the estimates of the rate of fire per minute of each sniper. Gathered by shooting things non-stop. No movement, No veterancy, tested three times each.

British: 9-10 shots per minute.
German: 8 shots per minute.
Soviet: 7 shots per minute.

Many brave Osttruppen gave their lives for these tests, I hope you appreciate it.
8 Feb 2016, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2016, 07:35 AMYukiko
Here are the estimates of the rate of fire per minute of each sniper. Gathered by shooting things non-stop. No movement, No veterancy, tested three times each.

British: 9-10 shots per minute.
German: 8 shots per minute.
Soviet: 7 shots per minute.

Many brave Osttruppen gave their lives for these tests, I hope you appreciate it.

i thought the ost snipers is the deadliest one because of the highest RoF hm.. is it because of aim_time then?
8 Feb 2016, 09:38 AM
Admin Red  Badge

i thought the ost snipers is the deadliest one because of the highest RoF hm.. is it because of aim_time then?

No, aim time is identical. It is because of the cooldown: 3 min/max for the German Sniper and 1.7 min/3.2 max for the British One. The values are in seconds.
8 Feb 2016, 23:49 PM

i disagree with pretty much all of this. snipers can be obscenely annoying in the hands of a good player, but there's a massive tradeoff. i've known a few guys that can manage 2 at a time, but it takes a ton of micro and it's very manpower-intensive. snipers also don't move around the map very quickly. this is definitely a L2P issue.
\

no. :sealed:
9 Feb 2016, 01:08 AM

The only faction that struggles against Snipers is the USF which imo is bad design. But even in that matchup the nature of sniper play means that up into LT tech Rifles should have initiative while Grens + sniper defend their cut off. The sniper has little movement ability meaning you should be able to use LoS blockers to establish control and set up a large flank minimizing damage from sniper. But if you just keep putting your Rifles in one general area to get blasted like fish in a barrel while Grens win engagements, jokes on you.

I disagree because even if you flank a sniper there is no guarantee you will kill the sniper on retreat. In fact more likely then not the sniper will escape when he fallsback. Then he will just come back and start picking off models.

Also snipers move just as fast as infantry squads for some reason. It's pretty hilarious watching a sniper casually run around the field with 0 threats.

It also annoys me that the supposed "Counters" don't even work sometimes. As any faction the "light vehicles" will miss a crap ton on retreat. Often I've found my light vehicles do 3-4 bursts on retreat(222, Bren, M20) point blank and doesn't even kill the sniper and I have to break off my assault.
Neo
9 Feb 2016, 01:35 AM

I agree to cap at 1 per player.
9 Feb 2016, 19:26 PM

\

no. :sealed:

that's just like... your opinion, man.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W