Login

russian armor

UKF Royal Artillery Regiment needs fixing

4 Feb 2016, 02:39 AM

This is the commander every UKF player tells new UKF players to aviod because its by far the worst commander. With the UKF having no non-commander late game arty too its a massive problem for UKF players

1. Early warning is the best thing in it. that can stay how it is.

2. concentrated barrage is horrible. It needs a major buff or a major price cut (50 munitions sounds fair)

3. Valentine needs buff. Its accuracy needs the most buff, the thing cant even hit infantry. it needs to be at least as good as the AEC (this patches AEC) is at killing infantry, plus a little better than the AEC is at killing light vehicles. The way i see it is that it should be good at killing in the early mid game then out classed and becomes an observation vehicle for the sextons.

4. Sextons need a buff. Please relic just make it the same price as the priest and give it the priest stats.

5. perimeter overwatch. I havn't really got to try this mostly just because its very situational and i dont get in the situation where the enemy has pushed into my area without imidiently decaping the area too. and its not worth use on 1 or 2 IS squads because they just retreat then wait until the perimeter watch is over
4 Feb 2016, 10:56 AM

I tested out the perimeter watch and it is useless. It should say it uses high explosive shells, then just make it useful, buff it please
4 Feb 2016, 11:00 AM

you are right. you are very right, but i think valentine needs small buff not big buff.
4 Feb 2016, 11:16 AM

I made a similar thread a while back for some more opinions:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/46050/the-royal-artillery-regiment

With 4 out of 5 abilities useless, it's pretty much the worst commander in the game. Quite a feat with only 6 commanders for the faction.

The core problem is that the artillery you get from it simply isn't very good. This is a major source of trouble for the brits in general and needs to be fixed.

The concentration barrage used to be able to fire blind - and use your howitzers like every other howitzer. It had an excessive amount of restrictions (cost, less shells) placed on it for this. Then, without explanation or a patch note, the blind fire ability was removed in the December patch. I'm convinced this was a bug and would like to see it corrected.
4 Feb 2016, 11:24 AM

Concentration barrage used to be used in tandem with another UKF player to kill a deployed OKW Truck after discovering its location and through the FOW. It was OP.
4 Feb 2016, 11:40 AM

It took at least 3 barrages, costing 300 muni, with anvil to kill an OKW truck. Without anvil the truck stood a good chance of being unharmed. Between barrages there was plenty of time for the OKW player to go and repair. Finally why do OKW trucks get to be special indestructible snowflakes when they give massive field presence benefits?

I'm going to assume that you, like much everyone else including relic, have it confused for the concentrated fire operation in special weapons which was the target of the fog of war change. I'll stress again that there was never a patch note indicating that concentration barrage had been changed.
4 Feb 2016, 11:51 AM

Yeah, nice proposed changes and that last ability, I think it should get replaced by "land matress" (or however is that british rocket arty called)
4 Feb 2016, 12:25 PM

25 pounder gun need some major buffs.
They were supposed to be a major part of the British army (core unit of our royal artillery commander) but the least used units in the game.

They need major buffs and/or a clear identity compared to other h owitzers.

Also perimeter overwatch is garbage.
4 Feb 2016, 13:26 PM

A large part of the problem with the Valentine is that the main gun only does 80 damage per shot whereas most comparable guns are doing 120 or 160 damage per shot. It makes it bad at both anti-inf (due to lower splash damage) and anti vehicle.
4 Feb 2016, 15:28 PM

This commander is garbage. The artillery for the Brits is severely lacking as it stands (besides some ridiculous offmaps). This commander and some other Brit commanders, as well as most American commanders, and some Soviet commanders needs to be looked at immediately.
5 Feb 2016, 14:33 PM

I agree with all points.
Uhu
5 Feb 2016, 23:01 PM

I agree. The valentine either needs a buff and/or its CP req'nt be reduced to ... CP6? Currently, it's only good for observation when it becomes available. Even then it's a poor choice because you have the flare ability. I think it should be developed as an alternative to the AEC.

And the sexton. Garbage unit. It's stats should be revised to the priest's (with slightly less range, damage, accuracy). Presently, a direct hit from the shell will maybe kill one model.
6 Feb 2016, 00:17 AM

+1

Valentine is in a weird spot. Worse AT than an AEC, kinda good at killing infantry. I'd rather just get a cromwell. Only thing it's good for is the spotting.
8 Feb 2016, 23:53 PM

I gots an idea kappa. Replace aec with valentine kappa.
9 Feb 2016, 05:45 AM

The base 25 pdr howitzers should get some accuracy buff so it more like other arty pieces, but it fires slower between shots, so 1 of them won't do much, you will need both arty guns to make it really worthwhile. And the Concentration Barrage should be able to fire in the FoW again because atm that thing costs 100 muni just to be work the same as the 40-muni Pyrotechnic!? The Perimeter Overwatch pretty much a waste of muni, would be better with the base howitzer accuracy buff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS