Login

russian armor

Artillery officer - Hail to the badass of the CoH 2 universe

3 Jul 2013, 19:45 PM

In a world where 2 man/women sniper scout squads patrolling the battlefield in clown cars and shock troops hiding in every bush, the artillery officer is charging into battle in full decorated uniform armed with only his Luger pistol.

Saving his fellow grenadiers and tanks from maxim and tank destroyer fire by calling down smoke. Inspiring them and make them shoot better just by his aura of pure a badass.

Please give him a sword and he will be as cool as the Lord Commissar from DoW 2 Retribution.

Drive him closer, he want to shoot them with his pistol!
3 Jul 2013, 19:57 PM

Haha he truly is an interesting unit!
I just wish his pistol were a little more deadly and he could use another veteran ability! Or his smoke calling a bit faster to arrive.

But overall he is really great and underestimated.
5 Jul 2013, 22:54 PM

Permanently Banned
i had a game where arty officer and 4 grens including arty officer + bonus raped the maxim hmg-s, was amazing. + if you spam nebels and have artyofficer you will smile.. :D

5 Jul 2013, 23:21 PM
5 Jul 2013, 23:27 PM

This is now one of my favourite threads. Not a troll, qq or flame to be seen. :)

Made my day. Give him that sword! :D
6 Jul 2013, 01:00 AM

Artillery officer OP. Reason: WHERE IS THE SOVIET COUNTERPART?

We need a Commisiar to enact Order 227.
6 Jul 2013, 05:51 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2013, 01:00 AMhubewa
We need a Commisiar to enact Order 227.

+1 of course. Wasn't this a selling point early on for this game?
6 Jul 2013, 14:43 PM
Patrion 14

I've never used him. Must give it a try.
6 Jul 2013, 16:19 PM

Too bad his squad can't pick up any weapons and/or unlock LMG42s/G43 :(
6 Jul 2013, 18:34 PM

i use him all the time and always disappointed. The aura has such a small radius and very short duration and long cooldown. Plus whatever bonus he gives is barely noticeable. 80 munitions to recharge artillery defeats the point of having on map arty anyway. Id rather wait for arty cool down which for axis is fairly short, than use precious munitions. Any thing that i would need to barrage non stop 3 times in a row would probably insta kill the officer if he got close. If anything i tend to use him more for a quick call in squad to recrew things. Thats the most useful thing I can find for him. Maybe his smoke could do some good but havent tried it much yet

He needs a passive aura to be useful, anything less he is just as useless as the vcoh officer.
6 Jul 2013, 23:01 PM

i use him all the time and always disappointed. The aura has such a small radius and very short duration and long cooldown. Plus whatever bonus he gives is barely noticeable. 80 munitions to recharge artillery defeats the point of having on map arty anyway. Id rather wait for arty cool down which for axis is fairly short, than use precious munitions. Any thing that i would need to barrage non stop 3 times in a row would probably insta kill the officer if he got close. If anything i tend to use him more for a quick call in squad to recrew things. Thats the most useful thing I can find for him. Maybe his smoke could do some good but havent tried it much yet

He needs a passive aura to be useful, anything less he is just as useless as the vcoh officer.

I haven't used the VCoH officer before, but in a few casts, I've seen force retreat from the officer used nicely
8 Jul 2013, 08:41 AM

Too bad his squad can't pick up any weapons and/or unlock LMG42s/G43 :(

But he can man AT guns, had an officer using a Zis-3 backed up by another officer.

Does someone know if the arty target ability works on captured ZIS-3?
8 Jul 2013, 09:41 AM

People are forgetting the Aura effects tanks, and that he has on demand huge smoke cover at 30 Munitions a pop.
8 Jul 2013, 10:16 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Huh, I haven't tried this guy out at all, but I think I'll have to after reading this thread.

he is just as useless as the vcoh officer.

Heresy!
9 Jul 2013, 10:25 AM

@VonMecha

"Your lack of faith disturbs me!"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak