Login

russian armor

Dealing with British emplacements, just point-and-click!

29 Jan 2016, 17:06 PM

okwokwNEW AND EXCITING DEVELOPMENTokwokw

Just came out of a game, and emplacements are disgustingly easy to deal with as OKW:

-Build healing halftrack
-Survive until mid game (duh, you are OKW, you must survive until mid game, fool!)
-Don't deploy flak halftrack, build 2 stukas instead (I must stress at least TWO)
-Build infrared halftrack
-Fire 1 stuka at emplacement
-Brit player will brace after (or if he is alert, during) that hit of course
-Then he sends engineers
-Fire second halftrack
-All units take extra damage when building or rpeairing (unless vet 3 but no one has vet 3 engineers) so squad wipe guaranteed. Bonus points if they send 2 or 3 engineers!
-No more engineers, he either builds more (a game which he will lose)or leave the emplacements to their fate (He also loses)

You need to have allies with good armor (Any Axis player who is not stupid will have good armor) or at least 1 KT of your own to scare any foolish attempt by the allies using their paper tanks.

I believe this single strategy will make UKF emplacement entirely unusable and just destroy their defensive gameplay.

I have the utmost confidence that this blatant exploitation of rockets will never be addressed by relic and thus will always be viable.

And I don't care if UKF fanboys hate me for it because I never play UKF.

Note: Also works if you supply the armor + infrared and wehr supplies the rockets!

OR you could engage in a skillful and intense game of counter-to-counter using combined arms, strategic maneuvers, exciting tank battles, infantry and armor coordination and all round skill, but that is for fools, this is much better for your stats and leaderboard rankings, plus all you need to do is point, click, and retreat!

Disclaimer: Does not work in 1 vs 1, but British are always outnumbered in 1 vs 1, blob early instead!
29 Jan 2016, 19:06 PM

Why not just go for ISG's, which already outrange Brit emplacements? If he continues to invest in them you can get another ISG because they are cheaper than emplacements.
29 Jan 2016, 21:14 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

The walking Stuka spam has already been implemented in the Flex Time Championships, but the heavy armor seems equivalent to the old 'kt win button' theory. This fails because you waste time with no counter because by the time it comes to the feild, the emplacements will already have run their course and AT will be on the feild.

Normally I wouldn't put you on blast, but you kind of put yourself on the line with the sarcastic 'I beat the system' style of writing and I want to explain when something doesn't work.
30 Jan 2016, 14:14 PM

basically the trick is to make him brace it, then attack it on the brace cool down. I'm a british player and i hate 2+ mortars or 2+ stukas. Mind you smart british players will place the mortar emplacement just in range of what they want to hit/protect, and will likly have the mortars max range still in no mans land. P.S. Also please place your OKW trucks near the front line so i build a mortar pit to destroy it, even better is when its your retreat point truck, near instant 3 stars for the emplacment
30 Jan 2016, 22:22 PM

Why not just go for ISG's, which already outrange Brit emplacements? If he continues to invest in them you can get another ISG because they are cheaper than emplacements.

1 isg cant deal with mortar pit,that pit can repair fast and can easilly beat isg ,but 2isgs can.
31 Jan 2016, 04:33 AM

If I am making any serious investment into emplacements as brits, I run Royal Engineer Regiment and spam Stand Fast. I don't like to go near emplacements with engineers as from experience they will die first chance they get.
11 Feb 2016, 05:46 AM

Irecommend to read some unit stats carefully. Mortar pit outranges ISG with both beeing vet 0. Yes ISG gets increased range with vet but so does mortar pit.
11 Feb 2016, 05:55 AM

Irecommend to read some unit stats carefully. Mortar pit outranges ISG with both beeing vet 0. Yes ISG gets increased range with vet but so does mortar pit.

even though both get increased range with vetereancy a veterean ISG outranges vetted mortart pit.. to start out both are in range of each other.. but ISG vets up faster than mortar pit when firing at only mortar pit , ISG barrage recharges faster than mortar pit.. Stuka is overkill in 1v1 invest in ISG and save fuel for KT or other armor.
11 Feb 2016, 06:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2016, 05:55 AMImSkemo

even though both get increased range with vetereancy a veterean ISG outranges vetted mortart pit.. to start out both are in range of each other.. but ISG vets up faster than mortar pit when firing at only mortar pit , ISG barrage recharges faster than mortar pit.. Stuka is overkill in 1v1 invest in ISG and save fuel for KT or other armor.

Shame on me then, I was sure mortar pit has a greater range, both at vet 0 and with its increased vet range. Will Check it as soon as I have Access to my PC, cba to dig it out on cellphone. Soz For the missinformstion
12 Feb 2016, 05:21 AM

blob early instead!
blob early
blob
12 Feb 2016, 05:52 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Here is a note to all you 1V1ers:

Brits:
Do not build a mortar pit in 1v1. It's an obersoldatenworth of fuckall.

OKW:
Basically, the best way to counter a mortar pit in 1v1 (despite it being easy in general to do so) is to figure out if he is saving up for one. If he isn't reinforcing / building new units, you can bet he is saving up for a mortar pit or a squad of commandos. Either way, be hyperagressive, and try to force him off the map. That way, no matter what he's saving up for, he'll have to forget about it or place it somewhere nonsensical (no easy retreat into command plane). After you have forced him into his base you can probably camp it pretty well, as brits are bad with aggression.

Just my 2 cents.
13 Feb 2016, 16:52 PM

I just build 2 ISG's and mine the flanks and put mg's. Two ISG's take emplacements pretty well and forces brit to attack you.

There are probably better ways but it works and ISG's usually get good amount of veterancy from blowing the emplacements up.
8 Mar 2016, 00:13 AM

okwokwNEW AND EXCITING DEVELOPMENTokwokw

OR you could engage in a skillful and intense game of counter-to-counter using combined arms, strategic maneuvers, exciting tank battles, infantry and armor coordination and all round skill, but that is for fools, this is much better for your stats and leaderboard rankings, plus all you need to do is point, click, and retreat!

Disclaimer: Does not work in 1 vs 1, but British are always outnumbered in 1 vs 1, blob early instead!

Nice. This attitude is exactly what's wrong with 99% of Axis players I've ever played against. And this is why playing Axis in team games is generally referred to as "easy mode". Brainless "tactics", and an unjustifiable sense of superiority.
17 Mar 2016, 08:27 AM

loving this tactic..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
Korea, Republic Of 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %