Login

russian armor

Kholodony Ferma Winter

3 Jul 2013, 13:58 PM

Trying to do the Leningrad Approach AI battle on Hard (only 1941 units, UGH) and having a lot of trouble, but this map is always a problem for me. Trying to hold the northern points is impossible, as I'm constantly flanked and attacked from three sides, and I'm having enough trouble holding one choke point as is. Mortars are destroying my AT and making it impossible to set up MG blocks or anything, infantry with what seem like endless amounts of flamethrowers are crushing my peeps. My tanks are too expensive, and by the time I can get them around they have AT guns swarming the map. Mortars seems like the answer but they are getting HC flanked, and taken out. I just can't keep a force around long enough to build it to balance, and when I retreat and try to do so, they just gain more ground, eventually getting these tanks that my (extremely expensive) tanks can't compete with.
In COH1 I played a LOT of British, Turtling cap points with engineer constructs and then pushing out tanks, heavy reliance on artillery, still adjusting to COH2 so any tips in general are welcome.

Not the best German player anyways, so any tips about Germans (particularly when Limited to the ToW set of units and the commanders- are they even worthwhile??? Seems like all the german commanders are awful), or this map, which is always strug city, would be much appreciated!
3 Jul 2013, 14:31 PM

Just tried a different AI Battle, running into the same problems. I had rushed to t3 for STuG to keep their inf. busy on cap points and then built T2 for scout cars to harass mortar and AT crews. Just like last time, though, the T-34 came out and it was game over, I was pushed back to my base right away, built 2 STuG and 1 AT gun, but the enemy tank blew up both StUG before the AT gun could position to finish it off. I guess stug are for Anti-Inf? They don't seem to good at it though. Once again I'm at a loss for a counter for russian tanks, it just seems like my AT guns can't target them fast enough to do anything
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★