Login

russian armor

USF-Ranger Company WHERE DID I GO WRONG?

22 Jan 2016, 04:34 AM

Here is the upload, I am incredibly angry at this one. I thought I was doing really good until I lost my pershing, I really just dont understand where i went wrong
23 Jan 2016, 12:52 PM

I did a replay review cast on this. I will link it here once it is uploaded.
25 Jan 2016, 19:28 PM

While we're waiting for Icemanjoker, I also took a quick look at this. I'm by no means a top player, but I think I can offer you some advice.

There are lots of little things I would have done differently, but overall you made three main mistakes:

1) You never dealt with his sniper. Your first engagement with the Stuart should have prioritised the sniper.

2) You never equipped your Riflemen with BARs or Bazookas, yet had all those hundreds of munis.

3) You repeatedly tried to assault entrenched positions. You lost a lot of MP getting your cut-off to the left side/top, but then lost even more assaulting his cut-off to the mid/bottom/right. Why? You had all three VPs, the ability to throttle his fuel, but instead you suicided into the building on his side of the map.

All of this meant that you didn't have adequate support for your Pershing. You over-extended the first Pershing, so your AT couldn't help v the Panther. The fight was really over then. You needed Jacksons to support it, particularly with a Tiger Ace on the field, and the second Pershing never stood a chance 1v2.

At those points where you felt you were doing well, forcing him off territory, you kinda were...BUT you were losing MP and whole squads, and your opponent wasn't.

EDIT - Also, Semosky is the WORST map for USF - veto it.

Final EDIT - Also, if you had teched to Major, you could have had a retreat point on the middle, rather than back in your base.
26 Jan 2016, 00:09 AM

While we're waiting for Icemanjoker, I also took a quick look at this. I'm by no means a top player, but I think I can offer you some advice.

There are lots of little things I would have done differently, but overall you made three main mistakes:

1) You never dealt with his sniper. Your first engagement with the Stuart should have prioritised the sniper.

2) You never equipped your Riflemen with BARs or Bazookas, yet had all those hundreds of munis.

3) You repeatedly tried to assault entrenched positions. You lost a lot of MP getting your cut-off to the left side/top, but then lost even more assaulting his cut-off to the mid/bottom/right. Why? You had all three VPs, the ability to throttle his fuel, but instead you suicided into the building on his side of the map.

All of this meant that you didn't have adequate support for your Pershing. You over-extended the first Pershing, so your AT couldn't help v the Panther. The fight was really over then. You needed Jacksons to support it, particularly with a Tiger Ace on the field, and the second Pershing never stood a chance 1v2.

At those points where you felt you were doing well, forcing him off territory, you kinda were...BUT you were losing MP and whole squads, and your opponent wasn't.

EDIT - Also, Semosky is the WORST map for USF - veto it.

Final EDIT - Also, if you had teched to Major, you could have had a retreat point on the middle, rather than back in your base.

Thank you very much for the response.
I was just wondering why Semosky the worst USF map?
26 Jan 2016, 01:54 AM

Thank you very much for the response.
I was just wondering why Semosky the worst USF map?

Too many chokepoints, enclosed map makes it so jacksons have difficulty pathing, buildings are also difficult for USF to clear or hold, fuel point is somewhat difficult to cut off.
26 Jan 2016, 23:20 PM

Too many chokepoints, enclosed map makes it so jacksons have difficulty pathing, buildings are also difficult for USF to clear or hold, fuel point is somewhat difficult to cut off.

Yes, this. OKW also do not want to play this map. It is a map that favours MG spam and Mortars. Remember how annoying it was for you when he pinned you in your base for nearly 10 minutes with just an MG in a house? Just the veto the map, my friend :)
29 Jan 2016, 08:53 AM

I saw this on woodstock channel, your problem was that you headbutted the most defended point on the map bleeding you hard, instead of actually flank.
29 Jan 2016, 15:58 PM

I saw this on woodstock channel, your problem was that you headbutted the most defended point on the map bleeding you hard, instead of actually flank.

Where did you see it posted?
29 Jan 2016, 16:52 PM

29 Jan 2016, 20:53 PM

9 Feb 2016, 11:10 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBWvCm2D1NU

Pretty late but maybe you still get some use of out of it.
9 Feb 2016, 11:31 AM

I&R spam would be problem then.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 27
unknown 4
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L