Login

russian armor

Bunkers vs UKF Trenches vs Fighting Pits

21 Jan 2016, 05:33 AM

Disregarding upgrades, what's the difference between the three in terms of defense? Heavy trench play is pretty effective as UKF and I'm curious if vanilla bunkers can help the Ost early game and USF early vs okw out.
21 Jan 2016, 06:45 AM

Permanently Banned
Bunkers are bad for garrison because infantry can't properly shoot out of the sides or back of the bunker. Would be cool if they acted like coh1 bunkers. Also brit trenches, when they get blown up the squad doesn't auto die. Wehr bunker? Whole unit explodes. USF fighting pit isn't as hardy as a bunker, but its got more utility early game cuz rifles and rear ech can atleast shoot all their rifles.
21 Jan 2016, 06:52 AM

Gotcha. Was wondering why nobody uses bunkers as garrison, tbh it would be a neat change to Wehrmacht if that was viable
21 Jan 2016, 07:06 AM

Permanently Banned
Ya I'd agree, I would appreciate it if bunkers could let garrisoned troops fire in all directions. But its been like this since beta.

But hey if they could change the M15 AA to be able to shoot through the drivers cabin. Then anything is possible.
21 Jan 2016, 07:13 AM

Yeah. More bunkers would indirectly help Ost Faust lights because grens would garrison all over which would be cool.
21 Jan 2016, 07:15 AM

Permanently Banned
Yeah. More bunkers would indirectly help Ost Faust lights because grens would garrison all over which would be cool.

The mg upgrade offers a shitload of sight, but bunkers are kinda weak. So I doubt their usage would go up too much. But it'd be neat, see no reason why not. Nerf mg sight, add better garrison bonuses.
21 Jan 2016, 07:41 AM

Another reason why bunkers/fighting positions aren't used all that much is in my opinion because they can be easily destroyed by AT guns or you can just put demo behind bunker, and faust the fighting position to death.

The trenches for both UKF and Ostheer however seem invulnerable to AT guns as the shots always miss, this limits your options to counter trenches especially vs UKF since they can come very early, you don't really have the tools to remove buildings in the early game, pios cant place demos and mortar takes too long.
21 Jan 2016, 07:50 AM

HEllo.

There whas a time where mass MGbunker was a thing. But people adapted and it is not here anymore. Trenches are far more annoying. This 360° shoot is what bunker need.

Kozo.
21 Jan 2016, 08:13 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2016, 07:41 AMJZuna
Another reason why bunkers/fighting positions aren't used all that much is in my opinion because they can be easily destroyed by AT guns or you can just put demo behind bunker, and faust the fighting position to death.

The trenches for both UKF and Ostheer however seem invulnerable to AT guns as the shots always miss, this limits your options to counter trenches especially vs UKF since they can come very early, you don't really have the tools to remove buildings in the early game, pios cant place demos and mortar takes too long.

Yes, I think it would be fair if bunkers and fighting pits had a damage resistance to AT weapons. Like halved damage for AT. Also trenches are annoying AF, you can spend a minute firing at it and everything will miss it even at point blank.

Just make brit trenches free and garrison able by everyone
21 Jan 2016, 08:30 AM

Didn't know that Fausts and Shrecks could fire from garrisons...

IIRC even in the open the firer was issued with a gasmask... Inside a building would be a good way to deafen yourself and likely kill yourself due to the backblast.
21 Jan 2016, 08:47 AM

That is not actually accurate...infantry can shoot 360 from all trenches, bunkers and fighting positions.

HMG can only fire in one direction from bunker, 2 direction from trenches (leaving sides defenseless) while one can not put a hmg in a fighting position...

Same goes for rakketen...

The main difference is that UKF trenches can be built in enemy territory and can not be used against you.

The main change here should be that rakketen should be able to fire 360 in from both bunkers and trenches...Vehicles can easily move to blind spots make the garrisoned rakketen underperform compared to the cloaked one...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★